VP485 Label Printer - Ink Refills

Patrik

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Vipcolor VP485
I have just bought the VP485. I am planning to buy CISS system from JPL Blank Media as I read that it is very good. I don`t know if somebody has good experience with cheaper CISS systems (regarding pressure bladders etc.)?
Now I have questions regarding ink. I asked few suppliers in Europe but none of them offer bulk ink specifically for VP485. They do for standard HP88 cartridges, but the problem as I see is that standard HP88 use pigment black, and VP485 use all dye colors (including black). I contacted Vipcolor and they told me the VP485 need dye black ink.

I would be thankful if somebody who does refill or use CISS for VP485 can help me with these questions:
1. Which color inks are you buying and from which suppliers - ink for HP88 or?
2. Which black ink are you buying - pigment or dye (if dye what is the code)? Inktec offered me two dye blacks: H3070 - Black, H7064 - Photo Black. But I am confused and don`t know which one to order and will it work with VP485.
3. How are you satisfied with ink quality from these suppliers?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Some printers use both a pigment black ink for plain paper documents and a dye black ink for photo printing. Like photo paper printable disks only accept dye inks, so the dye black = photo black is the ink to use.

See this thread
about what ink is used for CD printing, and this post for how to check if an unknown ink is pigment or dye.

Last edited: