Virgin Carts, Best Supplier

LinkinParkIM14

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Which company do you order empty (virgin) carts from? Have you had any problems with them?

I just want a few different supplier i'll be able to get blank carts from for future purposes. But i've hear if they are not designed coreectly they may cause printing problems. SUch as if the sponge isn't able to let the ink drop fast enough?

Thanks in advanced,
Trent

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I presently have MIS virgin carts which I filled with MIS inks. They work fine. They may feed a little too generously as there is a little bit of ink in the well around the print head intake that makes contact with the cart ink exit port at the bottom. The amount of ink in that area is extremely small and it may have been as the result of my filling the carts nearly to the top of the reservoir. I will leave a little headroom next time I refill. This is not a dreaded leak problem, and in fact it is not a problem at all! You do want a wet exit port filter to contact the ink intake in the print head or it won't work. They cost around $5 - a bit more expensive than some. If they support more refills than others they would be worth it. Only time will tell. They have a little rubber stopper that is a bit difficult to handle with ink on it and wearing rubber gloves, but I use a hemostat to grip the top edge when removing it and replacing it so I don't have to fumble with this tiny seal device. I will probably use the screw/Oring seal technique that is demonstrated in other posts on this forum.

LinkinParkIM14

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
It is a bit confusind for me on the MIS site. They say empty, but then go to list for each individual color like it has been used before. And beyond that they call it a BCI-3. So is that what i would order or what?

Thanks again,
Trent

bobglen97

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
LinkinParkIM14 said:
It is a bit confusind for me on the MIS site. They say empty, but then go to list for each individual color like it has been used before. And beyond that they call it a BCI-3. So is that what i would order or what?

Thanks again,
Trent
The bci-3 and -6 are physically the same cart......the reason for the color designation (at Media street, where I buy my carts) is that they send send a "color strip" you can place on the cart

Bob