f64mokry

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SureColor P7000
Hello!

Model: Epson SureColor P7000

I am getting a strange nozzle check on my LC. It started happening suddenly one day out of nowhere.

PXL_20230614_025255174.jpg

Order of events:
Months of no problems and perfect nozzle checks.
One day, LC cartridge cannot be recognized.
I take it out, wipe the contact port and chip gently, and put it back in.
Nozzle check prints image attached.
I run several cleans several times. Didn't work.
I run several alignment checks. Alignment tests show bleeding of LC (see pic) and blur. After dozens of auto alignments, nothing works.

PXL_20230614_030850072.jpg

At one point during the months of no problems, I was printing and the paper somehow got lifted during the print. This resulted in a crushing and crumpling of the paper as the head moved back and forth before I could cancel the job. Maybe the LC on got unaligned to the point of not being able to fix itself? Can I realign it manually by taking it apart?

Thanks,
Joshua

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
It appears to me that the ink flow is partially bloced - one way or another - did you run a cleaning clycle or 2 - does it make any difference ? But I must admit that I'm not familiar with this printer model beyond these initial steps.

nertog

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000 - PX720 - P50
At one point during the months of no problems, I was printing and the paper somehow got lifted during the print. This resulted in a crushing and crumpling of the paper as the head moved back and forth before I could cancel the job. Maybe the LC on got unaligned to the point of not being able to fix itself? Can I realign it manually by taking it apart?

Thanks,
Joshua

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this looks like a typical "nozzle plate delamination" case. The above incident supports this theory.

If so, your printhead is not recoverable :(