Venetian blind effect on Canon PIXMA IP5000 graphics

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
If the cyan nozzles were ink-starved long enough during printing the may have been cooked. The ink acts as a coolant for the heating elements that heat and expel the ink for printing. I'd still continue to try to unblock the cyan nozzles just in case they are just clogged.

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Well well.... it seems that we both have the same problem... only for me, it is on an iP3300 and only on the Cyan band. No luck with the eraser and cleaning trick as well, and I can say that I've never starved my cyan of ink.

However, could it be possible that the cyan tank (or foam) isn't sitting well on the ink port? I mean, if only the front half of the cart is transferring to the front half of the port, could that mean that only the front (or upper) half of the band would show? If so, would it be possible to "push" the foam in the cart so that it sits properly over the port?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
No, once the ink flows into the printhead, it flows into a common channel for all the nozzles of a particular type.

ericbalkan

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
After doing the deep cleaning (again), the cyan still has the same problem. I haven't yet tried the Windex or alcohol methods.

The printhead looks OK to me, but I'm not sure I'd be able to spot any problems.

ericbalkan

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Well, I bought a new printhead and that fixed the Venetian blind effect. But now I'm noticing something I hadn't realized before -- there are numerous tiny white dots being printed. I see that now with the old printhead also. Deep cleaning didn't help. Guess I'll check the forum for anything similar.