Vacuum fill using "maze part" or "exit port"

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
ghwellsjr said:
You're not going to put any RTV on the cartridge to be filled, are you? I'm wondering how you plan to make an air/ink tight seal between the cartridge and the ink supply. I submerge my cartridges in ink which ends up wasting ink. Are you planning on just submerging your cartridge in a smaller container inside the vacuum chamber but otherwise doing the same thing I'm doing?
Not on the cartridge, on Plexiglas plate with a hole for ink to flow. :D

Yes I do that to I use small container in vacuum chamber. But I'm looking for better materials that would be inert to ink influence and methods to make them. It should be not expensive or hard to find.

The container size and shape is also a factor that helps to save or waste ink.
The only drawback in "submerging ink method" is that some ink is left on a cartridge once you take it out. That is not a low of waste if you ask me. You must however not submerge whole cartridge etc.

More ink is wasted on container walls that ink contacts if the surface is not designed to repel water.
Wet Chip hazard is also there.
The cleaning of cartridge maze part is also tricky stuff you must squeeze the cartridge a few times to make the ink go out.

On the other hand not everyone knows how to work with Plexiglas (how to cut, glue etc.) and that is a solution if first method fails.