Unlocking Hidden Canon Memory Messages / Extended Nozzle Check Pattern

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Craig Ross said:
their is an area to the far left were the head parks on a cleaning cycle that was saturated with ink.
Your printhead parks to the left, as you are facing the printer? I thought all Canon's (and most printers) park to the right?

Craig Ross

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Rob
Yes you are right the cleaning blades and mechanism is to right but during the cleaning cycle the
head will spend short periods of time to the left over a separate piece of sponge, presumably
to eject ink in a seperate operation to the blade cleaning on the right, sorry perhaps park was'nt
the right phrase.

Indra

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
how to solve my printer problem are canon i320 : waste ink is absorber ! Thanx a lot.

thedooood

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Just wanted to say, I have just tried the waste tank reset codes that you posted on my i9100, and it looks to have worked perfectly, saving me around 700 smackers.....

so thanks a lot, nice one.

P

Kenyada

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
nifty-stuff.com said:
By the way, if enough of us poke around and experiment we may be able to determine what most of these variables are.

I'm going to wait a little while and do another extended nozzle check and see what values have changed. Maybe I'll do a waste ink counter reset and see what happens.
You've given me all the incentive I need to hold onto my trashed i950, and take to the "laboratory" to conduct the experiments that may bring it back to life... but first I'll check the forecast for lightning:)

Thanks.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
haha.. Richard, that's pretty funny! Will you be taking bits and pieces from other printers and sewing them into your i950 to create your Frankenprinter?

Kenyada

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Rob, with my luck, I'd choose the wrong Brain.

My new PIXMA IP5000 is set to arrive Monday, so any mileage I can get out of the i950 is all gravy. The best part is that I have nothing to lose. I can take chances with codes, taking meticulous notes... And who knows, maybe generations from now, Giraldo Rivera will knock down a wall and find my "Secrets of i950 Life," thus freeing the Magenta cartridge in everyone's Canon;-)

Steph

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Administrator (i think)

i did that code thingy on my Canon i965. it printed out a similar page to your's.

weird stuff, like extra nozzle patterns and some codes.

bizarre.

here's the stuff it says on the page:

i965 V1.10 D=051.90 CH=00002 ST=2004/07/23 PWC(S=00212 H=00009)
ERDAY=2006/04/27 OERO=01600 OERO1=01600 SERO=00000 SERO1=00000

CDR SENSOR=OK

oh, i just went to turn my printer off . . . then it printed another page. this time there were no colour nozzle prints, just a full page of codes. it's all confusing, but after reading your stuff, some of it makes sense. like how many prints in total and the which usb is used etc.

this is all very weird. i am very curious to know what it ALL means and/or whether there are other codes that can resolve printing issues.

interesting stuff.

roybales

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
In the list of codes for the S series printers, number 5 is for Printer Model Setting. Anyone know how to use this?
I apparently did something wrong and now my Print Monitor featurs says to load the correct drivers for the printer.
I have the latest drivers from Canon and have done so many times but still get the same message.