UK - Filament sources

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
I thought it worthwhile to post a few links for filament I have sourced in UK. There are loads of suppliers and lots of varying prices. My aim is to get good quality without paying the earth.

None of the links are affiliate and I have no connection with any of the suppliers.

Prima Filaments - I have tried the Grey in their range and it is a good performer and reasonably priced.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prima-Fila...1&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Prima+Filaments

Yesterday I ordered from this UK company. They are a small business producing their own filament but I have read some good reports about them. I am awaiting a delivery, so cannot say how good it is yet, but worth a punt I think 1 Kg spools at £12.99 + Free UK delivery.

https://www.3dqf.co.uk/factory-shop

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I couldn’t resist their price, so I’ve ordered two rolls to see what their quality is like, but I don’t know if I’ll get them before Christmas, I’ve been looking for a red colour for ages to try out my 3-colour sign...
https://www.3dqf.co.uk/factory-shop

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
If you buy the 3DQF filament be aware that the spool hub is non standard size (around 30mm) so may not fit your spool holder depending on the model of printer you have. Easy solution is to print a new spool holder ;)

FryingSaucer

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX725,MB5150. 3D:Anet A8
Has anyone used one of the factory-shop filaments yet?

ninj

Print Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I got the 3DQF midnight silver PLA (thanks to @The Hat for PMing me about it) PLA and I'm impressed how well it's printing. Sticks well to plain glass at 55C and extrudes well at 195C.
IMG_20171224_224051.jpg

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Looks great.

I did the Nutcracker in the 3dqf titanium white - no supports and printed upright - the first layer is like glass. can hardly see the lines or feel them. 0.2 mm, speed 50, temp 200c. bed at room temperature.

nutcracker.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Has anyone used one of the factory-shop filaments yet?
I have used two different colour rolls of the 3DQF filament and it preform much like other brands I’ve used, I can’t tell the difference, it works just fine...

FryingSaucer

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX725,MB5150. 3D:Anet A8
Those two prints look great. I can't get that smoothness with my anet A8.

I just put in an order for PETG from real-filament, but you've persuaded me to order a spool of midnight silver from 3dqf as well.

Has anyone used PETG much? Is it likely to take me a while to get the settings right?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Has anyone used PETG much? Is it likely to take me a while to get the settings right?
Ops, I got a reel of PETG last week and immediately had a go printing with it, unfortunately my trail was a disaster and it clog the hot-end badly requiring a complete strip down and clean, I reckon it may have needed a period, to climatize before use...
Once my wounds have healed, I’ll have another go with it... :hide