UK - Filament sources

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I still haven’t ventured back yet to my almost full roll of PETG, I also have a half roll of ABS, but once I get the time I will have another go at the PETG filament, my roll also comes from “Real filament” I am still catching up on all the fiddley bits that I need to print…
I did this yestarday x2, it’s made to cover the edges of a glass plate...
glass.JPG

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
ABS is easier to print with than PETG, petg is a spawn of the devil himself :he If you want to try your ABS again dry it out then just put something around the printer to stop draughts and it should print without warping, but it really needs about 80 or 90c on the build plate. ABS + is easier to print with than ABS and is more forgiving.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If you want to try your ABS again dry it out then just put something around the printer to stop draughts and it should print without warping
You might be right about that because since I’ve moved my 3D printing from my computer room to my large shed, nothing else seems to work other than PLA, when I first got a 3D printer I started with ABS and had little problems, now it’s a bit of a joke, I reckon I’ll wait till summer to try again..
“He says after a solid 4 month print job”… :duc

FryingSaucer

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX725,MB5150. 3D:Anet A8
ABS is easier to print with than PETG, petg is a spawn of the devil himself
Well, I've never had any problems with PETG. I've not tried ABS, because I don't fancy using it two feet from me in my study because of health hazards. I wasn't that keen on using PLA near me either, and have found PETG better in that respect, as well as being stronger and more flexible than PLA. However, I'm only printing things I need, and generally don't care what they look like, so long as they do the job. I don't care if they're not super smooth. That said, I've no reason to think my PETG wouldn't produce high enough quality if I needed to.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
I agree with your view on ABS and health but all of them are not good in the long run. For ABS an enclosed chamber is preferable and when the print is completed an extract fan with filter can be switched on to vent the chamber to outside.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
When I first got my printer I was so excited that I started buying all kinds of other filament PETG, ABS, etc.

... but I still haven't opened a single one of them, and keep printing (and buying) good ol' PLA. :)