Types of Water to flush cartridges

capricorn12

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I just want to say thank you for sharing with us the different types of water to flush cartridges. This is my first time to know that we can also use filtered water if we use reverse osmosis filter system. And we must use distilled water for last phase of cleaning.

choco_late

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I never thought there's a required type of water for cleaning cartridges. Silly me!

But it makes sense.

jack33

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your insights on which types of water will work to flush out the cartridges. My local printing guy told me he recommended distilled or ro water for cleaning the cartridges. You can buy gallons of distilled water at the grocery store and it is working great for me. I am guaranteed with distilled water to have no hardness, scale, or ph issues.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Wow $4 for little more than a gallon of distilled water? Here stateside it's the same cost as drinking water $1 a gallon.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I like all the suggestions on what type of water to use to flush out cartridges. I must be spoiled in this part of the world where the tap water is PH natural and very low in calcium (soft water) it works just fine for cartridges. The best place to get distilled water is the ice in your freezer. :p It would make you Green with envy :)