Tough clog in Epson R220

elerouxx

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
R220
Over where ?...:idunno

Sorry. I'm in Brasil northeast - state of Bahia.
Not really the end of the world but some products like Rubber Rejuvenator are hard to get, and have to be replaced by more generic ones.

@Tudor, thank you very much!

To all, I apologize for my bipolar behavior in this thread. I don't know if my printer is aware of this forum, but after I posted about my plans of retiring it, it started behaving a little better, at least in the paper feed department.

I got some distilled water and I plan to 'wash' the solution from the cartridges by putting in some of this water into them. Tomorrow I'm getting the ink bottles.

elerouxx

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
R220
In theory, the inks are a solution of dye in pure water, is that true? So the distilled water should behave the same as the ink?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
In theory, the inks are a solution of dye in pure water, is that true? So the distilled water should behave the same as the ink?
For an R220 yes, pretty much... Inks are getting considerably more complex lately though so that theory doesn't hold water (apologies for that idiom) for some of the newest ink types.

elerouxx

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
R220
Update:

After I applied some silicon grease to the roller and band that pick the paper, feeding was ruined. As a desperate measure, I applied some very small amounts of SUPERLUB (spray general purpose lubricant) everywhere I saw moving parts, plastic or metal. Now paper feeding is working as if the printer was new!

Now, prints are invisible because I am printing with distilled water. Going to get some ink now...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
This got a laugh the last time I posted it, but it does work great.. :cool:

5128_rubber.png

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
This got a laugh the last time I posted it, but it does work great.. :cool:

5128_rubber.png
The paper output rollers in CD print capable Canon printers also transport the CD tray. I have Pixmas 5200 and 6600D in which the rubber rollers have lost some of the grip, so they have difficulty in transporting the CD tray, so I need something to increase the grip.

So where do I buy this product, please? Preferably from an EU supplier, but if necessary, I guess I can order it from the USA, or are aerosol cans not allowed to be transported by air?

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Thanks for the links. Probably the UK supplier will ship to Denmark? I mean by ferry, not by air. I guess surface mail from UK to DK might be transported by DFDS?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Just be careful with any of these rejuvenators, use sparingly and if you need to reused a second time wait at least ten days to allow the rubber surface to recover, it’s pretty harsh stuff so it’s vital to void getting it on any plastic or wooden surfaces, gloves are essential if applying by cloth.. :old