This Might Help Someone With Canon Ciss

geoffuk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i,ve just built my own dip tube vacuum ciss for my ip 3600 even after reading everything about ciss and canon being bad bedmates!!!

(i,ve always done it all the hard way)..

i was expecting a world of pain!!!.... after a month of thinking about how to do it, i thought i had it all sorted out....to cut a long story short i got it all together and realised i had no way of bleeding the air from the system pipes..bu**er.. after a headscratch or 2 i decided to melt an extra whole in the all the cartridges as an air bleed while i purged the air from the pipes..closing off the holes made with the bent paper clip.....

tip #1 make a larger whole than the paper clip makes!!!

after this minor hiccup all seems to be well...lashings of great colour prints later i,m still waiting for all the pain!!!

no doubt you will be along to tell me it wont be long now... :thumbsup

i hope this will help someone else who is thinking of having a go at this very rewarding project..i promise i,ll keep you all informed about how much grief it gives me and an out of 10 scale for the pain!!!....fingers crossed :lol:

geoffuk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
thanks chalog...
well, i printed out about 15 10x8's today and all have been great..no issues at the moment but if ( and by all accounts when it turns to cr*p) i will post the whole messy saga..i hope not to have to..if it prints like its doing at the moment for another month or 2 it will have paid for itself so if it self destructs after that i wont mind,,but i really didnt want to buy an epson just so i can run a ciss!!!! all the best in non messy hands land geoff

geoffuk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well, its still going well, no pain at all as yet!!!! its had a pasting with lots of perfect 10x8 prints piling up and i,m still waiting for it to roll over on me.. K.I.S.S. springs to mind.. my little girl gives it a bashing with printing out magazines and the like so its been worth the effort..stay tuned..........

geoffuk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
@ slocumeddie

i,ll give it a try..i only have 2 but i,ll see if i can get them up...geoff

geoffuk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
This is all i could do..very heath Robinson you will agree.. doesn't leak ink.works great.. i refill with bulk ink, with syringes i sell on eBay with 18 g blunt fill needles..the bottles were the first ever bulk ink i bought from svp on-line about 6-7 years ago..i just found 24 more bottles of ink in the loft so at least i have some empties to play with as i dont suppose the ink is any good now..i,m hoping to get a canon a3 printer next so i,ll do the same with that and we may get the same results (fingers crossed)..i,m not sure that you can see in the photo that i cut some protrusions off the underside of where the carriage passes to make way for my hot glued piping to pass without catching..but i drilled some holes in the pieces i had to cut off then broke them, then got a hot soldering iron and smoothed the edges then taped them with black gaffa tape..i still cant believe it all works floorlessly..i used a vernier calliper to make all the critical holes for the pipes to go into the top of the carts as i wanted a good tight fit before i hot glued just to make sure it was a sealed system..i,ve started doing these for friends that ask..they cant believe it either...if any one wants to know anything else i did, i,m happy to share..just ask here or my mail is geoffandh-at-googlemail-com
stop the bots, put the at and dot in..

keeping it simple and cheap !!!!!!!!!

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/myspacepicsandvids/geoffsciss002.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/myspacepicsandvids/geoffsciss001.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
geoffuk said:
This is all i could do..very heath Robinson you will agree.. doesn't leak ink.works great.. i refill with bulk ink, with syringes i sell on eBay with 18 g blunt fill needles..the bottles were the first ever bulk ink i bought from svp on-line about 6-7 years ago..i just found 24 more bottles of ink in the loft so at least i have some empties to play with as i dont suppose the ink is any good now..i,m hoping to get a canon a3 printer next so i,ll do the same with that and we may get the same results (fingers crossed)..i,m not sure that you can see in the photo that i cut some protrusions off the underside of where the carriage passes to make way for my hot glued piping to pass without catching..but i drilled some holes in the pieces i had to cut off then broke them, then got a hot soldering iron and smoothed the edges then taped them with black gaffa tape..i still cant believe it all works floorlessly..i used a vernier calliper to make all the critical holes for the pipes to go into the top of the carts as i wanted a good tight fit before i hot glued just to make sure it was a sealed system..i,ve started doing these for friends that ask..they cant believe it either...if any one wants to know anything else i did, i,m happy to share..just ask here or my mail is geoffandh-at-googlemail-com
stop the bots, put the at and dot in..

keeping it simple and cheap !!!!!!!!!

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/myspacepicsandvids/geoffsciss002.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/myspacepicsandvids/geoffsciss001.jpg
A nice setup Geoff but I have two questions for you.
Have you got any silicone washers under your cartridges or are you managing without them.
Whats the video doing under your printer, were the ink levels causing you a problem..:fl

geoffuk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
wow it has been a long time..been busy promoting my girl .. yes, got my own home made silicone washers under the carts..as for the videos i just needed to measure the hight of the print head bottom and i made sure i had a neutral flow of ink to the carts..they were just the right height.. a temporary measure i thought ..they are still under the old girl to this day and its been moved to under the desk to make way for the a3 canon printer..and the 3600 still hasn't missed a page..i do paid work on both my printers and they both work flawlessly..lets hope it stays that way ..i,ll put photos up when and if it all goes wrong....fingers crossed