The ip5200 is dead...long live the ip5200

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Craigkay, the time has come to dig that hole in the back garden and lay it to rest, your iP5200 fun days are over, sorry because you can’t get a new print head for that model any longer, so its best to put both you and it out of your misery.

On the odd chance it might be saved, how many led lights are flashing and what was your last nozzle print like (Quality wise) ...

Craigkay

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma ip5200
@The Hat , thanks for your reply. At first both the amber and green lights flashed alternately. After unplugging, etc., only the amber light flashed, in fives. The nozzle print was fine, perfect. That's what led me to think it was the printhead. I have seen remanufactured printheads on ebay, etc., but I am wary. Have been doing some new printer research but that is always daunting and I default to wanting to keep my trusty ip5200. So there you have it. Maybe it's time to say goodbye. UGH!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Well you’re in a country that has Canon Pro 100‘s for $75, so what are you waiting on, there not as reliable as your ip5200 for longevity but boy don’t they print beautifully and very easy to refill...

P.S. the 5 flashes of doom tends to see the end of most print heads...

Craigkay

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma ip5200
I will certainly consider the Canon pro 100s, although they are not quite the bargain you seem to think, more like $160 +. Thanks again for your advice.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I will certainly consider the Canon pro 100s, although they are not quite the bargain you seem to think, more like $160 +. Thanks again for your advice.
@Craigkay,
https://www.cpricewatch.com/blog/2018/02/bh-wppi-sale-pixma-pro-100-for-99-ar-or-free-with-camera/

https://www.cpricewatch.com/blog/2018/02/bh-wppi-sale-pixma-pro-100-for-99-ar-or-free-with-camera/

Promo codes.....
BHPhoto - BHWPPI18
Adorama - HBWPPI99

An Inkjet Printer is not really an inkjet printer... It's an INK VENDING MACHINE." :eek:

arw4

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX925 plus a few others
Amazing offer to those in the US. I was curious to know how much it would cost to buy and ship to the UK. It kind of had this affect when I discovered the shipping costs involved.

:ep

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Amazing offer to those in the US. I was curious to know how much it would cost to buy and ship to the UK. It kind of had this affect when I discovered the shipping costs involved.
There offers are applicable to US residents only sadly... :(

Craigkay

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma ip5200
Thank you for the links! I appreciate it.