The forgotten and ignored - The Epson Stylus Photo 2200.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Seems like the 2200 would not be able to run side by side with its bigger brothers like the R2400 - R2880 - R1900 - R2000 and even the PRO 3800!
Printing with only 7 inks at any one time, depending on the media ( PK and MK ) you would think this printer could not compete.
I have three of these. Running on refilled OEM carts using IS inks. All are running on either Matte, Gloss and Luster 13 inch roll paper. It is the only printer in its class that Epson decided to sell an accessory roll adapter with an auto paper cutter and catch basket.
Does it work? Like a champ. Is it accurate? You bet.

If I send a 13 x 19 job and tell it to auto trim it will first trim a small sliver off the end of the roll, begin to print and when done it trims the print off. When I measure the length, it is 19" long.
These adapters can be found for as low as $14 with the paper catch basket. The printers I have purchased as low as $75 with extra inks.
It's amazing to me that this system did not catch on as Epson never included it in any of its newer 13" printers.
Anyway, enough of my preaching about this, at your convenience, please watch my newest video where I demo the 2200 and the roll adapter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEVDIPt_0tU