The BEST Canon printers, the POOREST Canon printers for refilling.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
paopaotang said:
I think high quality compatible ink cartridges are the best choice,I always use them.
For the Epson most definitely but can be a disaster when used in Canon printers,
just stick with OEM's..:)

pixmania

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well i've been refilling jet tec carts for the pixma mg5250 for some time now and can report on no problems to date. The chip resets o.k with my resetter and to date i have had no problems. The ink monitor seems a little adrift on ink remaining, but if you refill when the guage hits the 2 bar level it's no problem. The clip system they use for sealing them is brilliant it snaps back on using silicone seals and no messing about using tape to seal the ink outlet port or breather. Personally i can't recommend them enough, the opaque one side makes the colours easy to refill to correct level, the blacks are a little harder to see but is still visible in good light.
No probs! :)

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
The first post should mention that even Pro canon printers have a limit of 58cm in lenght for banner (panorama) printing, so you can't print any longer than that. Compared to EPSON this is something to have in mind if you need this feature.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
The first post should mention that even Pro canon printers have a limit of 58cm in lenght for banner (panorama) printing, so you can't print any longer than that. Compared to EPSON this is something to have in mind if you need this feature.

But this thread was specificly about the ease of refilling and not about banner printing,
so why would it be necessary to included it. ?

Besides Epson also have limits on the lengths that can be outputted,
it’s not just Canon printers that are affect by this restriction..

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
For epson there is http://mirage.dinax.de - clearly shows that commercial hacking can be done

"Are you tired of being limited in print length? Mirage has no limit. Print panorama images with ease and without any limit. Print 30.000px and more. If Adobe® Photoshop® can handle it, the Mirage Photoshop Plug-in can print it!"

EPSON - software controlled printer therefore if limit is set in software it is easy to remove.
CANON - hardware driven, the veawing and almost everyhting is dome by chip inside the printer. If limit is set there very hard to remove.

When choosing a printer is very important to understand the limits of the machine, I like my Pro 9000, but I would like to print a panorama once in a while too. Therefore I got brother printer that I have unlimited printing too.

Val Evans

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma PRO-10
Hello, I'm new to the forum and have a Canon Pixma Pro 10 using the PGI-72 Carts. According to this post, these carts are easily refilled but I have searched every phrase I can think of but cannot find any information regarding refilling these carts. Can anyone help please with how to refill, where to get the chip resetter and what inks to use? Thank you in advance for any help with this. Regards, Val.

Next we have the Current A3+ photo printers.

Pixma Pro 9000 Clear CLI-8 Resetter Yes Use CLI-8 Carts Easy Refilled.
Pixma Pro 9500 Semi-Opaque PGI-9 Resetter Yes Use PGI 9 Carts Easy Refilled.
Pixma Pro 1 Opaque PGI-29 Resetter No. Easy Refilled or Use Compatible & 1 time chip
Pixma Pro 10 Semi- Opaque PGI-72 Resetter No. Use PGI 72 Carts Easy Refilled.
Pixma Pro 100 Clear CLI-42 Resetter Yes Use CLI-42 Carts Easy Refilled.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi Val.

It’s a case of Ops, the Pro 10 is very easy to refill but there are not a great deal of supplies
for it at this present time.

The PGI-72 cartridges are exactly the same as the PGI-9 cartridges, just with a different chip
on them, so that should help you find the many post on here on how ridiculously easy
it is to refill them.

There are no exact ink sets ready for the Pro 10 just yet but it’s coming very shortly
from The regular ink suppliers and so is a redsetter, but you can still use the ink set from the Pro 9500
till then with just a little profiling.