Text will not realign

Devonlad

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG3650
My printer will only print text in wobbly lines, have carried out realignment as per manual but no change, any suggestions please.

Annotation 2019-12-21 114359.jpg

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I guess the document is printed in landscape orientation? Then the most likely cause of the problem is a dirty timing strip. Inside an inkjet printer can be compared to a miniature spray booth, so the timing strip gets stained with ink dust over time. The ink dust can be removed by gently wiping the timing strip with a tissue paper handkerchief wetted with a little window cleaner with ammonia. See this thread about a similar problem.

Devonlad

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG3650
I guess the document is printed in landscape orientation? Then the most likely cause of the problem is a dirty timing strip. Inside an inkjet printer can be compared to a miniature spray booth, so the timing strip gets stained with ink dust over time. The ink dust can be removed by gently wiping the timing strip with a tissue paper handkerchief wetted with a little window cleaner with ammonia. See this thread about a similar problem.

Thanks for your reply but it makes no difference.
But tried printing in portrait and printing is fine, landscape wobbly lines.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The printer normally uses bidirectional printing and it looks like there is a problem with positioning the cartridges each time they changes direction. If this is not caused by the timing strip another cause could be the black cartridge. Is the cartridge new OEM, commercially remanufactured or refilled? I suggest to try another black cartridge if cleaning the timing strip again doesn't help.

Devonlad

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG3650
Thanks both for your replies, I have tried cleaning the timing strip again but it is very difficult to get at so not sure if I have cleaned it enough and also changed the black cartridge, but still no change.
Looks like a new printer for the New Year.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I have tried cleaning the timing strip again but it is very difficult to get at so not sure if I have cleaned it enough
Nope, try once more, this time take it slowly, patience is a friend and use cotton buds if they help and W5 window cleaner…

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Looks like a new printer for the New Year.
Don't give up yet. If you remove the scanner and the "lid" under the scanner as shown in the video I linked to, you will get a much better access to the timing strip.

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everybody!

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Excuse me. The post above does not make much sense. I was thinking about another thread about a printer with a similar problem and a difficult to access timing strip.