Support Code : 1851

dominoesdom

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro100s, Epson ET-8550
I have a Canon Pro 100s that I use almost every day and suddenly I get this Support Code 1851 with the following message: Support Code : 1851 Printer cannot be ready because its disc tray guide is open. 1. Close the disc tray guide. 2. Press the RESUME button on the printer

The amber light flashes six times. The problem is that this error code makes no sense at all because the disc tray in question is NOT open. In fact, I have never once used the disc tray. I have tried opening and closing the disc tray, I have powered off the printer and disconnected it, I have even left it overnight disconnected but to no avail.

Does someone know how I can resolve this issue, please?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 10.29.56.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 10.29.56.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 157

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The problem might be caused by a dirty switch. You could try opening and closing the tray a few times. If you are lucky this will clean the contact surfaces and the error will disappear.

dominoesdom

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro100s, Epson ET-8550
Thank you for your reply. I have tried this multiple times and have been trying to figure out where the sensor or switch might be. If I can locate it then potentially I could clean it, any ideas?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I don't know the Pro 100 and the service manual is nowhere to be found, but maybe the printer is somewhat similar to the older Pro 9500 mk II? You can read a service manual online or download it here. The inner tray switch is pos. 18 on page 8/61.

I have experienced similar errors on other Canon printers for instance the iP4000. See this and this for cleaning the switch. Instead of removing and opening the the switch it might be possible to spray an electronics contact cleaner into the switch.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Does someone know how I can resolve this issue, please?
I would play along with the sensor error and install the CD tray as if you were going to print to CD, or at least print a CD if necessary, because you need to break the error loop which is causing this error to occur..

Latest posts