Staples double sided matte paper

Kefp

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
TS9020, Pro100
Steve W
I also like this paper. The fading is superior to Costco's Kirkland.
I have a little trouble making a good profile for this matte paper with prism. I get a lot of saturation, unlike glossy papers. The output looks fine for the most part, however.

Do you have the same issue?

Kefp

siusiuenen

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
From what i heart, matte paper did not get good profile with Prism .

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Kepf,
Actually I'm not using Prism anymore. I bought a Datacolor Spyder3Print device a few months ago - was getting a little frustrated with some of the Prism results. It really wasn't that good making profiles for Matte papers. So the profile I was talking about was made with the Spyder. When using Prism I did have problems getting a good scan for matte targets. Was using VueScan and had to play with several settings to minimize the number of Xs, so was never sure about the profile even though the prints seemed OK.

Steve W.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
@on30trainman:

Don't forget to preshift the hue in the original target file (the 225 patch high quality file) in the blue channel with +10 units to remove the blue to purple shift, which is a known problem with the Spyder3print. Otherwise deep blues will turn purplish in prints.

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
pharmacist said:
Don't forget to preshift the hue in the original target file (the 225 patch high quality file) in the blue channel with +10 units to remove the blue to purple shift, which is a known problem with the Spyder3print. Otherwise deep blues will turn purplish in prints.
Been doing that ever since you first brought it up on dpreview. Actually have an open ticket (still open) to Datacolor about the problem. They actually admitted to it in one of their replies to me and said it was going to be worked on this summer. Well summer is almost over and nothing yet ;). The Blue Sky picture you emailed me printed out very nicely with my Matte profile.

Steve W.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Ohh yeah THAT website, where people seems to propagate their inks in every topic and reply to be the best and mentioning complete nonsense like "the ink has been filtered using reverse osmosis....". Actually there seems to be some hostile atmosphere there because some seem to be threatened in their "safe" position with the information imperically gathered at this website.