Staples double sided matte paper

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
For those or you who have access to a Staples store, I just saw my favorite heavy double sided matte paper on sale at Staples. This is excellent paper for greeting cards or other printing needs requiring heavy stock that will print well on both sides. It is Staples Photo Supreme 8.5x11 double-sided matte (50 sheet package). Regular price is $12.98 and it is on sale for $4.98.

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I agree this is quite useful paper. Sometimes they even put it down to $2.99 or $1.99. I usually buy four boxes when they do this.

My only issue is that nearly every carton I've bought, at least one corner of the stack is slightly dented. I wish they packaged them like office depot paper, in the exact-sized cardboard boxes with lids. rather than in a bag inside an oversized cardboard sleeve that lets the paper bounce around inside of it.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I have a stack of unused boxes of this paper that I bought last time it was on sale for $1.99. The first batch I bought some years ago was on a two-for-one sale. It kept getting better. Your point about the packaging is correct. Like most paper products at the "big box" office supply stores you have to look very carefully to see that the packaging hasn't been bent before purchasing.

brooke_F

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
If you still have the stack of unused staples double sided matte paper, I would be interested in buying it.
Email is brooke and bob at watch tv dot net.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Since photo papers don't appear to have a shelf life I keep a reserve of the papers I like from when they go on sale. If you have a Staples nearby, watch your sale circulars. I've only seen the $1.99 price a few times, but it is still a good deal on a two-for-one sale.

Kefp

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
TS9020, Pro100
It's on sales this week (Starting July20th) for $1.00 after rebate (hate rebates).

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Kepf - you beat me to it! Staples used to have its sales circular in our Sunday papers but stopped doing so some time ago. I now have them emailed to me from Staples. Just saw this sale online last night and stopped by the store today to replenish my supply. Unfortunately only two rebates per household. My son lives a few blocks from a Staples so I may have him pick up two packs for me also.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
One of the best papers I have found to match my Epson R260 running pigment IS inks is Staples Satin Supreme. One heck of a paper when profiled properly. Incredible output..... considering I paid $15 for my usd R260 ...less than a single Epson OEM cartridge. That was a suprise as I had only considered this paper because it was on for about 60-70% off. I only discovered this incredible performance after the sale had finished. I'm keeping my eyes open though.

Softproofing I can barely barely tell a difference when using a Sony CRT. With most LCD screens, there is no difference in tonality and brightness! Incredible.

Somebody at Staples is picking good papers! They claim it is their best paper and I believe it.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
mikling said:
One of the best papers I have found to match my Epson R260 running pigment IS inks is Staples Satin Supreme. One heck of a paper when profiled properly. Incredible output..... considering I paid $15 for my usd R260 ...less than a single Epson OEM cartridge. That was a suprise as I had only considered this paper because it was on for about 60-70% off. I only discovered this incredible performance after the sale had finished. I'm keeping my eyes open though.

Softproofing I can barely barely tell a difference when using a Sony CRT. With most LCD screens, there is no difference in tonality and brightness! Incredible.

Somebody at Staples is picking good papers! They claim it is their best paper and I believe it.
Staples offers three different "photo supreme" papers: high gloss, satin, and double-sided matte. The last one is normally less than half the price of the other two but is on sale now for $1. Have you had a chance to evaluate this cheaper paper compared to their more expensive ones?

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
gh - I've been using the staples photo supreme double sided matte for several years after finding it on sale at a very deep discount -specifically for greeting cards, invitations, etc. Of all the double sided matte papers I've tried, it has the best weight and feel for this purpose for it's price and prints photos quite well. Admittedly, there are some I haven't tried, like HP papers or other big-box office supply store brands. When staples runs a sale on the photo supreme satin paper I'll have to give it a try. The costco photo paper is so reasonable and produces excellent prints, so that is the paper I've been using for photo printing.

For a short time costco was selling Kodak double sided matte paper and I bought one box to try. Very good paper but lighter weight than staples. I've used it with a poster program to print posters much larger than the capacity of my printer. It breaks the image up and prints it on several pages with some edge overlap so you can do a paste-up on foam core posterboards. You can see the overlap edge if you look closely, but it is a fun way to do large poster sized prints for a party. Using thinner paper does tend to make the overlap less obvious.