Spongeless cartrigdes epson

color1

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
HELLO
I would like to know if someone has experiences with Epson Spongeless cartrigdes. I have an epson 890, 1160 and 2100. I would like to use bulk inks in those printers.
Dou you know a good cart brand?
thanks in advance

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I have tried a set of spongeless cartridges for my Epson R300. They are a bit tricky to fill ink.
Quite often one or two of them would not print right after refilling and were full of ink. Repeated
cleaning cycles did not make them work but wasting all the ink out of those that worked.
I still have no clue why they did not work.

color1

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi, I get carts for the 890 and I had the same problems. They never worked. I run out 2oz bottles of inks and no prints...I think that MIS carts are crap too.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Was that MIS epson virgin carts? I have a set of MIS virgin Canon BCI-6 carts that are working well.

color1

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Yes, the new spongeless

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I just installed a set of MIS spongeless cartridges (T007 and T008) in my Epson 785 EPX. Had to run head cleaning around 5 times to get the ink to flow properly. The cartridges were just filled and not primed according to the instructions supplied by MIS. I am happy for the moment due to the fact you can see the ink levels in the cartridges and the SSC Service Utility for Epson printers works like a charm. It reset the chips every time I selected reset.

These cartridges hold a lot more ink than the sponged type, so resetting the chips in the printer to full is necessary.

Endmukbud

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
SOrry lAte
Oh, yaa for some addition
the epson t631, t621, t633, t632, t634
and t491, t492, t493, t494, t495, t496
Indeed was a half transparent inktank
i was found it safe to open the cover of the catridge, and found the ink tank
was only covered with a transparent thin plastics.. and it still works....

easyrefill

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
You can read about how to look for a good refillable cartridge at

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1099

Keep in mind a good refillable cartridge have a built in flow control to prevent ink dripping. This internal design will trap air on the initial installation. Follow the instructions to remove the air from the cartridge bottom outlet. Only 1 -2 cc of air will have to be removed. Once the air pocket is removed, your installation is a snap.

The plugs at the top should be installed. If the cartridge has two plugs, check the large plug to see if there is a pin hole on the top. If so, cut the bottom part off this large plug and leave enough of this plug to allow you to reinstall it back into the cartridge. This will expost the pin hole and provide the air vent even when both plugs are installed. If you have these cartridges, you will know what I mean.

Currently, only Epson compatible refillable has this type of flow control. Canon refillable rely on sponge like the OEM cartridge to prevent drip. No need to try the spongless Canon. I have spoke with several manufacturers and have bee told that they wouldn't even trust this spongless design. May be there will be improvements in the near future for these Canon compatible.