Sorry, still confused... (ink choice)

jopereira

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thank you all for your valuable input.
I'm more inclined to buy from tintenalarm.de as it claims to give good color reproduction and good UV fading properties. It costs a like more than equivalent IS inks, but 7-8 more in 500ml is not that much as I expect this volume to give me 2-3 years worth of ink!
I left Inktec behind because two tests (druckerchannel.de and tintenalarm.de :rolleyes: ) point to significant/visible color cast. If I were to buy inks for a printer, that would be OK as I expect to profile ink/paper. But for a multifunction machine, I need copy function to work as it should, with color fidelity - Canon OEM ink is very good at this.

I'll keep listening to your comments - I've changed my mind before and I'll do it again if necessary :p

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
To all you guy in the US that are unaware of the regional different right across the continent original called Europe.
It is now split up into various borders and trade areas.

So all dough a country is in the continent of Europe it may not be in the part of Europe that you think.
Europe is split into approximately four groups; we have some countries that were inEurope but are now in the EU.

There are other countries that are still in Europe but not in the EU.
Then there are Principalities, Independent countries and little States in the other two groups.

Some who are in the EU but not politically, they only trade in the EU.
Then some of the last group mentioned who are not in the EU and remain in Europe
most of them dont trade in the EU but then again there are a few that do.

Now I hope I have made that perfectly clear to everyone and that each one of you understands it completely,
because I sure as hell dont but I never will understand politics for the life of me.

Class dismissed.. :)
E&OE.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thanks for clearing that up for us Yanks, The Hat. ;)

jopereira

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I always think is easy to get the best if you have the money, the not so easy part is to get good performance with much less money.
We know OEM ink are the best (and the most expensive), but other achieve 90% of this with 10% cost - that's the good part!!

BTW, for those using IS inks from Octoink: how does these compare (color wise) with OEM inks?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
jopereira BTW, for those using IS inks from Octoink: how does these compare (color wise) with OEM inks?
No need to worry about IS inks, a blind man running backward couldnt tell the difference between the two..

So youre safe enough with it..:)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
The Hat said:
jopereira BTW, for those using IS inks from Octoink: how does these compare (color wise) with OEM inks?
No need to worry about IS inks, a blind man running backward couldnt tell the difference between the two..
Erm... ??

Am I alone in thinking that isn't perhaps the most persuasive of descriptions ever concocted?!!?

l_d_allan

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
That was my reaction ... "damning with faint praise".

I wouldn't think a blind man running backwards could tell the difference between a b/w and color print.

jopereira

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
l_d_allan said:
That was my reaction ... "damning with faint praise".

I wouldn't think a blind man running backwards could tell the difference between a b/w and color print.
Or even a print at all!!! :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
jopereira
The only area in my mind that IS inks fall short on is longevity, but thats a very small price to pay for good quality inks.
The colour difference is so little its nothing to get hung up on,
but then others might think differently and so not a mention to the blind man.. ;)

jopereira

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
jopereira
The only area in my mind that IS inks fall short on is longevity, but thats a very small price to pay for good quality inks.
Thanks, that's important to me. Although tintenalarm.de sells inks that cost 35% more, I can manage at least a year with that ink quantity so I'll be paying ~8 more/per year - that's irrelevant in my book.
IS ink would offer me more confidence as many forum members use them, but I'll take the chance with tintenalarm.de also getting positive feedback here (namely stratman).