Something interesting that might be of interest to some.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Forthcoming
IS-6 V2.jpg

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Ink sensors for 6 inks ??? various Epson printers with 6 inks - like the XP15000 - with the chipless firmware option ? Or which Canon printer would run with 6 inks - and deactivated ink level monitoring to run on refill ??

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
It is to allow SAFE overriding of printer chips and chipless machines and detection of REAL ink levels. In about two months there should be finished stock. I will have to solder them up myself and maybe there could be a use for a 3D printer to make cases for it but is not necessary. It is a REAL low ink indicator...not guesstimating chips. It is something that OEMs could use but would not.
That's all for now. For anyone worried about overriding the Pro-1000. Worries will be gone. It is a totally independent system not dependent on printer firmware.
You've learned enough.

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I remember shortly after the PGI-5/CLI-8 cartridges were introduced and before the Redsetter was introduced that somebody suggested to build an extra infrared emitter and detector into the printers to constantly monitor the cartridge prisms and flash a LED or sound a beeper when an empty cartridge was detected.

I think I saw the idea on druckerchannel.de. Shortly after a kit was available from E bay.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I remember shortly after the PGI-5/CLI-8 cartridges were introduced and before the Redsetter was introduced that somebody suggested to build an extra infrared emitter and detector into the printers to constantly monitor the cartridge prisms and flash a LED or sound a beeper when an empty cartridge was detected.

I think I saw the idea on druckerchannel.de. Shortly after a kit was available from E bay.
I was the one suggested this system, but the Redsetter was introduced very soon after. It was with a peeping system I suggested when an empty cartridge was detected.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Worries will be gone. It is a totally independent system not dependent on printer firmware.
You've learned enough.
Ah, come on @mikling, you’ve had a chance to promote your new product idea here, but instead your threating us all like kindergarten kids, we’re only asking what it does and how you intend to it apply it, we’re not about to steal the Feckin thing.. have a bit more respect..:smack