Single Filament Dry box…

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I wanted to make a portable dry box just for one roll of filament, but as usual I got carried away somewhere in the middle, and decided to make two boxes for the different types of reels I use.

I included a little humidity gauge on the front of the box to keep an eye on the moisture levels inside, I also used a nut and bolt as an outlet for the filament, which can be easily blocked when not in use.. ( A bag of Silica pellets will be placed inside the box)

From all the previous purchases of filament I received from 3DQF, they included many different sample colours they make, so I used some of them to finish off my box, now the Feckin thing looks just like a candy box… I’ve still got to make a lid for the second box and then I’ll be all set to go..

P.S. I plan to use small pieces of self-adhesive foam to seal the lid…

Untitled-102.jpg Untitled-101.jpg Untitled-100.jpg click to enlarge

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Looks like you're making slushie machines. :thumbsup

231-1115.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
That box made me think about licquorice allsorts
I needed an extra bit of height for my KP-3 so I made a liquorice allsorts platform, just the right size…:)
Untitled-101.jpg click to enlarge..
P.S. I had to do something with the dozens of filament samples, I'm down to my last 18..:thumbsup

Looks like you're making slushie machines.
Those Slushy machines are a wonder of science, who’d ever have taught we could have individual little ice cube crystals flouting in water....:bow

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I have completed my second filament box and it's now ready for use, this will enable me to have better control over which filament I use and where, I plan on using the only roll of PETG I have left once I can get the humidity in the box down to about 50%.
P1010790.jpg click to enlarge..
I didn’t have much luck running the PETG last time out, the first time it lifted off the hot bed and the second time it clogged the hell out of the extruder nozzle, and I was forced to pull the whole nozzle unit apart to clean, it leaked out everywhere.

This time I’m hoping for better luck because I also have half a roll of ABS filament which has been laying around here for the past 18 months.. I might as well use it up…

I am down to my last 8 rolls of PLA filament, which I got before lockdown and (123.ink) where I get some of my filament from still has no new stock of any kind of filament left, they've sold out of everything...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
no new stock of any kind of filament left, they've sold out of everything
I bet those people also hoarded toilet paper and stole other people's cookies in kindergarten. Bostages!

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I'll be honest, I'm pretty scared to try anything other that PLA :(

... but I really do need to get over that so I can print stuff that has more temp resistance and strength..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I'll be honest, I'm pretty scared to try anything other that PLA
The PETG either works or it doesn’t, well with my prints anyway, while the ABS prints a lot better and more reliable you don’t want to be standing around during its operation, it doesn’t have smell a bit, and it’s not good to be inhaling that stuff..

Seeing as this bug is going to be around with us for quite some time to come, I decided to print a couple of masks, if we’ve got to wear the Feckin things then we might as well have comfortable ones..
Face Mask 1.jpg Face Mask 2.jpg click to enlarge..
P.S. I got the zip file of the STL too, just ask...!

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Ya, if I was going to try ABS, I'd:

1) Swap out my stock bowden tubing with the blue Capricorn stuff I bought that has a higher temp support
2) Move my printer outside, or at a minimum close it off in my tiny office, seal the door, and open a window with the fan, and not go inside until well after it's completed.

Latest posts