Single Filament Dry box…

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
ABS printing needs an enclosure unless you are only printing something a few miillimetres in height. Typically a good ABS capable printer will have a sealed enclosure and an outlet fan with a duct to take away the particles. The DIY Vorons for instance have the enclosure and after the print is finished the exhaust fan can be switched on and the chamber air is vented.

ABS+ is less smelly but I think just a as dodgy as far as harmful particles are concerned. The advantage is that ABS+ is much easier to print than standard ABS.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I Don’t have that much trouble printing with ABS, but I do need a few goes at it till I can get a satisfactory result, PETG on the other hand plays up merry hell on me all the time, it has a terrible habit of falling off the hot bed.. I find it’s not worth using for that very reason.. PLA is King as far as I’m concerned, I love the results I get..
P.S. I’m never present when the printer is working anyway, so ABS is not a problem for me.. Smelly odour wise..;)

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Interesting, many people complain that PETG stick so hard to the buildplate that they cant get it off. Maybe its different on your glass bed. PETG is particualrly difficult to get a good print from but once the settings are correct it is apparently a good plastic to use. I've never tried it though and I beliieve it's a pig to keep dry.

Edit: