Since he probably will not do this, I will!

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I've been using Precision Color inks on my Canon 9000 / 9500 MKII since the begining of my using these two printers.
I never really had any stock of Canon paper on hand until now, due the great deal from Canon USA this week.
So I did profiles for the two printers and the Canon Pro Luster
Everything turned out perfecty well as expected.

Now I was thinking... How well are these inks really matched to OEM inks?
So to be fair I printed a few images using Canon paper on both printers through Photoshop CC using the Canon Easy Print plugin.
Simply choosing semi gloss and high quality and other than paper size and layout options, I just printed the images.

The results from both printers matched my CM calibrated monitor damn near perfectly!
I then thought, so if this works as well as this, why bother printing through an ICC profile on these two Canon printers? Good question I guess!

I saw no detectable quality difference between the prints done through my custom ICC profiles and simply using the Plugin and its simple setup choices.
Whether this applies to other papers I do not know yet.

But since I know Mike will not publicly bragg about this, I thought I would do it for him!

The Inks are as good a match as OEM as I've ever seen.

Why use anything else. Now that I also have a PRO-100 guess whose inks I will be using when it is time to refill?

Joe

wcandrews@sccoast.net

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Mike's ink must be a very close match to OEM ink because using his profiles for Canon semi gloss and luster and Kirkland produces excellent prints with OEM ink. In fact, his profile for semi gloss produces better prints with OEM ink than Canon's -- Canon's is too magenta. I now plan to use his profiles and just refill with his ink as needed, mixing OEM and Precision Colors. After it's all Precision Colors ink, I'll make my own profiles.

I plan to start refilling when I get the first low ink warning. I am keeping a log of print coverage before the first refill to get some idea about the ink usage of this printer. I have now printed 1812 sq. in. of full color prints, actual image size -- not paper size. The ink monitor still shows all carts full, and inspection of the carts themselves confirms that they are nearly full. This isn't going to be a thirsty printer. So far it seems a worthy successor to the Pro-9000 II.

By the way, I got the printer and paper for a net of $89.00 after Canon's $300.00 rebate. I have already received the rebate and spent it at Costco.

Good Luck!
Wil