Service Tools for Canon Printers

William Seaward

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1, 10, 100
Is it possible to update the firmware to the version that will let us change things?

Slagathor

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 10, MG5320
From what I have read, we would have to downgrade the firmware, and from what I've read we cant, but I got some people looking into that too....

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Depends on the firmware I think....
Correct.. :thumbsup
From what I have read, we would have to downgrade the firmware, and from what I've read we cant, but I got some people looking into that too....
No Canon don’t allow interference with the current on board firmware on their printers, you can’t go backwards..

William Seaward

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1, 10, 100
Does anyone know the firmware version of the Pro-100's that allow service mode?

Slagathor

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 10, MG5320
No Canon don’t allow interference with the current on board firmware on their printers, you can’t go backwards..

I am starting to get flashbacks to my childhood, always telling me no, you cant do that.....

The trauma is real....:barnie

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Does anyone know the firmware version of the Pro-100's that allow service mode?

The only real way to know if your machine will go into service mode or not is to have a go, it only takes two minutes of your time and it wont harm the printer in any way and it will put your mind at rest once and for all..;)

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The purpose of the service tools is writing new values to the EEPROM on the printer. The Service tools are normally used for this, but if the service tools don't work an alternative is writing the values directly to the EEPROM using an EEPROM programmer. I think some Russians got this brilliant idea. See this thread.

Slagathor

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 10, MG5320
The purpose of the service tools is writing new values to the EEPROM on the printer. The Service tools are normally used for this, but if the service tools don't work an alternative is writing the values directly to the EEPROM using an EEPROM programmer. I think some Russians got this brilliant idea. See this thread.

Now that's what I'm talk'n bout!!!!!.....

Andrew Marshall

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MX534
Hi there, new to this forum.
I have a Canon Pixma MX534 which was bought in the UAE when i lived there. I have moved to the UK now and need to change the region to EUR so as to be able to get ink cartridges here.

I followed advice on this forum and got the service tool 3600 and was able to put my printer into service mode - 5 presses. This gave a black LCD screen and the service tool was able to talk to it. I asked the service tool to set the region to EUR and pressed set - the tool then crashed with the printer still in service mode. The power light flashed and then it went back to saying copy on the LCD. When i tried to put it back into service mode - 5 presses, the caution light stays illuminated and the lcd displays nothing, and the tool cannot see the printer. It still starts up in user mode.

Does anyone know what is wrong or how i can tell if it has been set to EUR?

Thanks in advance