Service Tools for Canon Printers

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4300 + Epson scanner
Canon printers newer than the PGI-x25/CLI-x26 cartridge generation cannot enter service mode by the user. At least there have been no reports about that. Your MX534 might be too new.

But even if you could enter service mode with it, changing the printer's region will not change the region of the needed cartridges. That's locked in the firmware. The region setting only determines what driver to install and sets the default standard paper formats.

Your printer will only work with cartridges from Canon region 4, meaning Africa, Middle East and Russia. So sadly you will have to buy cartridges from Region 4 or buy a new printer for Europe = Region 5.

Last edited:

kenki

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon E600
Here is the service tool V3600, again it will only work if your printer has actually entered service mode, so if you receive error code 005 or 006 from the Service Tool then your printer has not entered service mode and wont work.

Copy the zip file to your desktop and rename it service tool v3600. exe, don’t try and unzip it because it is not a zip file.
View attachment 4415 This is how it should look AFTER you have renamed the File..

Be careful please because this service tool can be destructive so use it very carefully..
1604918937023.png

why after change to exe file show this and cant open it

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4300 + Epson scanner
It looks to me like there is a space between the point in the file name and exe. I think that is causing the problem. Compare the icon in The Hat's post #5. Notice no space.

I just downloaded the file, renamed it to .exe and the file type is recognised and the file works.

ST3600 renamed.jpg

Notice no extra space.

Renaming the file type to ". exe" by adding a space causes the file to no longer be recognised by Windows, and the icon is now "Unknown file type". I think this error is independent of Windows version.

ST3600 renamed w space.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts