SC-10,000 Printing the Wrong Orientation

iolabs

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson sc-10,000
Hey everyone,

No matter what I do in the printer dialog box I cant get my printer to print the orientation that I want. I always print in "portrait" mode and adjust the canvas size to accommodate. I am trying to print a 44wide x 8tall strip with an image size of 12x8. When it prints it prints the image vertically on the canvas not horizontally like it was told to. I have tried changing up the orientation and tricking it into printing the right size and that only made my problems worse. I have reinstalled the driver and still no luck. Its like my photoshop is not talking to the printer properly. Help?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
No matter what I do in the printer dialog box I cant get my printer to print the orientation
Here is a Pic displayed in Photoshop ready to print Portrait and then again in Landscape, note the Print Setting differences.

Capture23.JPG Capture24.JPG click to enlarge..

And this is where to find your Printer Default paper setting..
Capture25.JPG

Last edited:

iolabs

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson sc-10,000
Here is a Pic displayed in Photoshop ready to print Portrait and then again in Landscape, note the Print Setting differences.

View attachment 12641 View attachment 12642 click to enlarge..

And this is where to find your Printer Default paper setting..
View attachment 12643
Thank you. Yes I am aware of the difference in the two. The issue is more, prints that are formatted to be printed horizontally on the left hand side of a 44 inch roll of paper are printing on the right side of the paper vertically... sometimes cutting off part of the the image.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
printed horizontally on the left hand side of a 44 inch roll of paper are printing on the right side of the paper vertically... sometimes cutting off part of the the image.
This is the section where You decide your prints should be positioned on your paper.. Question:- You wouldn’t be using a Mac by any chance ?…

Capture26.JPG click to enlarge..
If you cutter is trimming off portions of you prints then extend the length that the cutter is set too..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I assume you are talking about the SC-P10000 printer model - ? And not a F10000 ?

Am I missing something - the screen prints above of the printer settings show a printer 'Canon MB5100 Series' but not settings of a P10000 ?

Which softwrae are you using to print ? Is this a new problem - and the printer/driver did something different before ? Is there some auto orientation/auto fit option active in the driver ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Am I missing something - the screen prints above of the printer settings show a printer 'Canon MB5100 Series' but not settings of a P10000 ?
Correct because I don’t have a P10000 but the principals are the very same in Photoshop..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Seems like a settings issue, maybe a conflict between 2 or more apps.

Might be worth setting all apps involved in the process back to Default. That would include Photoshop and the Canon driver. Begin fresh and make as few changes as possible at a time and with only one app at a time. If it breaks again you will have few steps to retrace the offending app and/or setting.