Samsung CLP-315W with printing errors.

specmaster

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Samsunf CLP-315
Not a problem, I'll post my results gladly, it might just help another poor soul out there. That was the thing that I have noticed during my Google searches that a lot of people ask questions and others try to help them out, but it seems that very few of the original posters ever come back to give updates on their success or lack o. I'm an active member on a few other forums and I always like to see if advice I give helps or not, it helps to hone our skills if we get feedback on its effectiveness.

specmaster

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Samsunf CLP-315
Just received am email informing me the donor printer should be with me by the end of the day tomorrow (Tuesday) so hopefully we shall have a solution to the problems and also the definitive answer to the problem, fingers crossed that arrives without getting smashed in the shipping process.

specmaster

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Samsunf CLP-315
Update for you, the main problem was the transfer belt, but there was still the horizontal banding, so I replaced the image drum and the transfer belt from the donor printer and bingo, a nice clean printout, so I call that a win.

Now I have another printer to fix if I can. I plugged it and tried to do test print, expecting to print half a page as claimed. Instead, it ran through the pre-print checks and the moment it went to feed a sheet, it stopped with the error light on. The paper was picked up by the pickup roller, any ideas as to why this should do this? When it arrived it had been packed on its side and toner had leaked everywhere, so I had to hoover the printer down, inside and out. The drum and transfer belt were thick with it.

If all else fails, I'd like to store the toner cartridges as they all have plenty of toner left apart from the Yellow which has its get ready to replace it light flashing. Any ideas on how I can store these cartridges without the original bags and roller protectors?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Any ideas on how I can store these cartridges without the original bags and roller protectors?
Just store them in sealed plastic bags separately and remove as much air as possible by wrapping tightly… glad you got it working again.. :)

specmaster

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Samsunf CLP-315
Just store them in sealed plastic bags separately and remove as much air as possible by wrapping tightly… glad you got it working again.. :)
Thanks, I think I might be able to make bags big enough with a bag sealer? Or do you think it be best to buy some self sealing or ziplock bags?

specmaster

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Samsunf CLP-315
You can always use Cling film wrap..
I did think about cling film but I dismissed it on the grounds I was not sure just air tight it is in order to keep the toner dry.