S9000 repetitive banding on nozzlecheck

lewisham_phil

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies guys; after a reasonably positive response from the seller, things have gone a little quiet.... I'll let you know the outcome (It can't be 'escalated' to a case with the 'Paypal Resolution Centre' untill ten days after purchase anyway). I paid using Paypal, which offers some security, I'm not sure quite what yet.
Incidentally, I did get another printer on Ebay after all! An iX4000 from the Canon Refurb outlet, with a years guarantee. Not a classic I know, but we need a printer for day to day business, and I can't wait around for another classic chipless refiller! A reasonable price too, I think.

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
You have two layers of protection if you pay by Paypal using credit card. File the dispute with Paypal first. Then with the credit card company. Credit card company will reverse the charge since the printer is not as described.

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Was the shipping insured? If it was, maybe you could put a claim in for damages based on his nozzle check against yours - which is certainly different.

Steve W.

lewisham_phil

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The seller has, after some provarication, stated that he won't refund the money (he said the shipping insurance would only cover 50); so it's now become a dispute through Paypal, which will drag on for 30 days or so it seems. I might even point the Paypal adjudicators to this thread! Thanks for all your input; I shall report the outcome...

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I recently went to resolution with a bad eBay purchase and Paypal refunded my money very quickly. They didn't blame me or the seller (even though the seller was clearly at fault). You might be surprised.

However, in case you have not already stated your case, you only get one chance of 1000 characters, if I remember correctly. So make sure you get it all in there the first time.

lewisham_phil

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well things turned out better than I'd expected: Paypal refunded all the money, minus the postage fee to return the printer to the seller. My Paypal details suggest that the seller refunded the money, so I think he folded in the end...
So I might buy a secondhand printer again on Ebay; but I would always pay using Paypal, even if I was picking up in person.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Thanks for letting us know how this turned out. Paypal comes through again.