RKS Chip resetter aka Redsetter review and battery mod.

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
Froggy said:
OK, thanks for that, I was unaware of the other Redsetter model. But now we have seen 2 Redsetters with a high battery drain problem. Something to keep an eye on.
It's the same Redsetter. I am not too sure if I would call it as another model (I don't know how to put it into word as well). Just that it's the same Redsetter with the same function except one is operated by battery while the other operate by power adapter. It will be good if blue4ever can post some picture so that you could see as I can't remember the details in that article. Sorry I can't be much of the help here.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I have reset about 30 times and my redsetter is still working :)

nanosec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Now the big question, can you reset a cartridge taken from an ip4300 and put it back into an ip4300 and will the cartridge read full in that model?

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score

Gompy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
mrelmo said:
i have written to rks about purchasing a resetter, i told them that i only want the resetter not any ink, thier reply was to follow a link that they gave me http://www.patronenhandel.de/index.php/language/en/cat/c13943_Canon-Chipresetter.html
but that link only shows the resetter with ink does anyone have the link for only the resetter so i can see what the price for the resetter alone is thanks
http://www.patronenhandel.de/index.php/cat/c13951_iP-4500.html

http://www.patronenhandel.de/index.php/cat/c13954_iP-5300.html

Scroll down.
Euro 22,95 excl. Shipping costs.

Regards, Gompy

dougsewell

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just bought a REDSETTER from tonerplusuk.co.uk. This one has a mains adaptor and apparently will operate forever without the need for any battery change or modification. 19.75 so not such a bad bargain. One also avilable from ink.uk for 10 but I suspect this is a battery operated model. Great gadget, does all it's supposed to and it even corrected a faulty yellow cart which kept giving "replace cart" messages when the cart was still full.
Doug

Igorian

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Technically mentioned resetter is a very simple. Does anybody have a electrical schematics of such resetter? At least I need a name of main chip used inside of such resetter to find out how it works. I do not see any difficulties to make such device at home using similar chips. Please help with model of chip inside. It's not recognizable on the photo.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Igorian said:
Technically mentioned resetter is a very simple. Does anybody have a electrical schematics of such resetter? At least I need a name of main chip used inside of such resetter to find out how it works. I do not see any difficulties to make such device at home using similar chips. Please help with model of chip inside. It's not recognizable on the photo.
The chip is ATMEL
ATMEGA88
20AU 0809

(8K Byte self-programming Flash Program Memory, 1K Byte SRAM, 512 Bytes EEPROM, 8 Channel 10-bit A/D-converter(TQFP/MLF))

But you would still need to buy the thing and to have a programmer. Then you would need to de-solder the real working red-setter and read eeprom data to your computer using programmer. You would then put the "blank" chip into the programmer and write to it.

I don't see how that is easy task. Expensive too because you would need to buy whole box 50 or 100 ATMEGA chips if you want to get them for low price, nobody will sell you single chip for good price.

Making PCB is another story....

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I have never used the ATMEL chip, but I suspect it is the same as other microcontrollers, ie. there is a security bit that can be set optionally to prevent the program being read.