you-tube link below

youtube.com/watch?v=aOxIHaVwZ0Y&feature=youtu.be

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I watched the video and noticed the part about the RFID chips. If these chips only contain a serial number and don't store any other information, you should be able to refill empty cartridges and use them once, if they have been used in a printer other than yours, as the serial number should be unknown to your printer. So maybe trading empty cartridges among Primera owners could be a good idea?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I've also heard that the printer forgets the serial # after about 5 different carts have been used!
Joe

KGTheMc

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
@ PeterBJ you are right if i refill an used ink cartridge from my bravo 4100 and place it in your bravo 4100 your printer will think it is a new cartridge! (trading empty cartridges is deff a good "hack")

@ jtoolman the rumor that the printer forgets after "5 different carts have been used" is not true.

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e

KGTheMc

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i'm located in NYC

I have the Epson artisan 730 with a CISS that i started out with but as the volume of orders i was taking increased i bought the bravo 4100. I did some research on the Aleratec RoboJet Disc AutoPrinter but it seemed a bit slow at printing disks, but know looking back it looks like a good option see how much money it would save me on ink!

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
Its really a matter of how much orders you get, how much you spend on burning and printing its

My brother is a student in University of bremen and lectures two seminars about filming and video journalism. He hands out raw materials to designated groups of participants in his class. Each group gets individual raw fotage. up to three dvd disc (!!). Its was PITA doing this manualy burning and printing 120 DVDs manuall took over a Week of his freetime.
He did a short calculation: how much time he spend and how much he is getting acutally paid per hour by the university for his job...
1500 was the initial investment for the PP100 (it was heavily used but in a optimal condition)
1500 is equal to 100 hours of his work... 15/hour

manual burning: 10min
manual printing with any epson printer: 5min
15min incl. all time spend to change discs and stuff, he could speed it up since he could print and burn at the same time
lats say 10min per disc * 120 disc = 1200 min / 60 = 20 hours *OUC_H

Now what he does: check if enough disc are in the tray, design, setup and PRINT DONE!!

The PP100 paid himself the day he bought it and set it up... crazy and it has an incredible resale value!

so... just my 5 cent