Restoring INK monitoring on ip4300

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
To be completely honest and rather blunt... I wouldn't bother trying to get it serviced as I suspect you'll fail.

If you're really honest with yourself you've used a CIS and invalidated the warranty on the printhead rather than the printer. If the printer had a paper feed issue or issues with the head cleaning routine then I'd say go for it but because your own actions and use of non Canon kit have resulted in a clogged head I think you have to eat humble pie on this one.

You may disagree but with the boat trip and everything else I'd say you're about to waste even more money on this thing as I would fully expect the flag re: warranty to be non-resettable (could be wrong of course) and you'll end up being told "no, sorry".

Replacement printheads can be had relatively cheaply on ebay (look for inkcessories) and based on what you've told us already I actually think your printhead may still be ok, just require a purge cartridge and reset of the CIS to get it working again.

narmenia

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
actually i have bought a spare printhead on ebay (inkcessories) for both ip4300 and my older ip3000 which coincidently also developed problems with Cyan. hmmmmmmmm
my sis is coming home this Christmas from Michigan so im going to save some money on delivery.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
narmenia said:
actually i have bought a spare printhead on ebay (inkcessories) for both ip4300 and my older ip3000 which coincidently also developed problems with Cyan. hmmmmmmmm
Hate to say it but chances are your issue is much like my magenta one... ie: pressure issues. There could also be a problem with ink quality however and it would be worth taking your time to completely remove the Cyan ink from one kit and use something new that you trust.

my sis is coming home this Christmas from Michigan so im going to save some money on delivery.
Well that's good :)

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
websnail said:
To be completely honest and rather blunt... I wouldn't bother trying to get it serviced as I suspect you'll fail.
I agree that it's going to be a waste of time and to be disappointed and frustrated. I would spend time trying to unclog the print head and forget about getting warranty coverage. The print head may be still recoverable. The ink you are using may be questionable because it has happened repeatedly on the same color. Try to replace all ink as a whole set and replace it with another known good set of ink is the way to go.