Ressurection of Pixma PRO-1

Octopus

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro-1, Wanhao 4S
Yes Palombian, I am a bit late with the pro1. I was reading alot and was deciding between the two. But somehow I thought after all reading that pro1 is a better printer in terms of quality, bigger cartridges, so a decision was made. The other candidate was Prograf 1000 but I have very limited space for now in my flat, the printer is here 10cm away on my left and I sleep in the same room with computers, printer, 3d printer (I ventilate the room when it works)... not the best, but oh well.

Hat, how do I know what firmware it is? I want to check it it is possible to reset, because if it is, then I am prepared to invest something in this printer. If not, I am really feeling like I have a ticking bomb- Imagine buying a new head and after 2 A4 prints, it decides that it is full... I really do not want that.
The receipt dates into november 2013, so it is an early version.

Octopus

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro-1, Wanhao 4S
The funny thing is that I already checked that when I have seen it on prints of other users- but my nozzle check has nothing printed but the nozzle check?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ? + 3D, CR-10.
but my nozzle check has nothing printed but the nozzle check?
I can’t remember how to bring up the firmware version other than by printing it from the EPROM readout.. you maybe lucky or not…it’s no place to go without experience or help..