RESETTERS for CANON MP560

gepp

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
PeterBJ,
I get what you said great to read such a well explained reply. just one point:
is this cirrect ( I don't think a resetter is that expensive. I recommend buying one and try if it can change your American cartridges into European cartridges and get your printer working again. If this works you don't need to import American cartridges.)
I have a US Printer wanting to make it take UK cartridges ?.
With regard to the cartridges I have bought, its a friend of a friend who I asked if they were CANON
he told my friend that he was sure they were US 221 and 220 Canon , he paid $44 for them less than
6 weks ago, he said if they are not then I get my money back. His printer blew up or wanted a repair
more costly than a new one of a different make

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The reason I recommend changing the regions of the cartridges is that I have a suspicion that the changing the region of the printer will not make it accept European cartridges.

Some Canon printers have the ability to print CD/DVD's. For the American market this capability is blocked due to patent issues. There is a site dedicated to enabling CD printing for American Canon printers http://pixma.ulmb.com/ . To enable CD printing you will have to buy a CD tray and probably do some mechanical modifications to the printer. After having made the modifications you will have to change the region of your printer to Europe and install a new Eurpean version printer driver. This region change is made with a software tool named "CD enabler". This software looks like it is derived from the Canon service tool.

I noticed on the site it is nowhere mentioned that the region change requires you to use European cartridges. I also remember a discussion in another thread, where I meant that the region change would cause the need to use European cartridges. I was told that it was not so, you still should use the American cartridges.

So either the CD enabler is indeed a very clever piece of software doing only a partial region change or the region of cartridges is locked firmly in the Canon printer firmware.

If you are willing to take the risk and if you can get the printer to enter service mode without a complete set of working cartridges, you can give the region change of the printer a try. But don't blame me if something goes wrong.

Re the cartridges: The question is if they are made by Canon or for Canon by somebody else. If they are genuine Canon cartridges I think it is a fair price. But was your friend's printer damaged by these 44$ cartridges? If so I doubt that they are genuine Canon.

gepp

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
To PeterBJ<
Well I think I have done enough talking now this is what I'm going to do.
Wait for these cartridges to arrive in the mean time I will buy a resetter,
wash the print head through ready for the US cartridges,I will hopefully
run the printer while thats going on I get ready to swap the Chips over to
the 521 & 520 use all those cartridges up then go on to filling with those
Us cartridges, who knows by then I might buy a new printer of some kind.

I would just like to thank every one concerned, and I will let you know how I get on.