Resetter for 4200 ???

maverick

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hum... it looks a little shady. The "resetter" seems to be part of a CIS kit. I think the site is trying to stretch the truth by implying if you don't need to refill anymore it's almost like a resetter.

Also, in what I percieve as an effort to gain our confidence, the site claims there systems are similar to ones used by Ink Republic, Ozmods and Ink Supply. Doesn't persuade me.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
There is NO resetter for this printer.. Don't let hope cloud your judgement.

Music Image

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Websnail,...what judgement??? hope wasn't clouding my judgement at all, ...I mean thats why I asked what you all thought, besides I don't even know what language its written in, much less understand whats written.

I dont own this printer, but I thought it may be useful info for someone who does and if anyone could figure out what was being said incase it was legit.

FWIW It looks kinda shady to me, but since this resetting business is a hot issue at the moment I thought it may be of interest.

Music Image

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Music Image said:
Websnail,...what judgement??? hope wasn't clouding my judgement at all, ...I mean thats why I asked what you all thought, besides I don't even know what language its written in, much less understand whats written.
Whoa there... wasn't having a go at you personally.. Just noting that there's a lot of people praying for a miracle at the moment and they'll grasp at straws.

I dont own this printer, but I thought it may be useful info for someone who does and if anyone could figure out what was being said incase it was legit.
True enough and thanks... Apologies for any confusion.

FWIW It looks kinda shady to me, but since this resetting business is a hot issue at the moment I thought it may be of interest.
Heh... oh lordy yes... At the moment it's almost like the snake oil and batsfoot powder merchants are trying to make a quick buck before people cotton on. The whole market is trying to adapt to the new chipped cartridges and making promises they hope they can keep just to keep people interested.

Of course if people didn't bite, they wouldn't bother :( ... thanks for the heads up tho..

Music Image

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
"Whoa there"

Not going anywhere websnail :) , and thanks for explaining. Mmm maybe I'm a bit naive or something, and I certainly didn't mean to "dangle a carrot" in front of people, just to let them down, besides that'd be a pointless and mean thing to do. So, if I see something of interest again, I'll try and say what I mean a bit better.

This is a serious issue this chipping business and people have every right to be on edge about it. I'm sure we all are pretty much agreed that the tactics these guys come up with, go over like a lead balloon!!

Music Image

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Music Image said:
the tactics these guys come up with, go over like a lead balloon!!
yep... and the lead balloon would be filled with elephants, wrapped in gold and dropped on our heads..

In other news Epson have started sueing CIS manufacturers in Taiwan...

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Any new would be Printer Manufacturers out there ? Are you looking to have instant acceptance in the Market Place ?....Do you want to displace Canon , Epson and HP from their top spots ?

Here is your advertising slogan " Our printer range is equal in quality and performance to the top 3....
BUT 20 % more expensive .!

HOWEVER our ink carts our the same cheap price as the independent ink companies and are designed to be refilled with our ink or any ink of your choice, without restriction.
WE WILL NEVER PREVENT OWNERS FROM USING THE CARTS AND INK OF THEIR CHOICE.

watch out Canon , Epson, HP they are coming !