Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Canon ip1600, ip6600D ip6700D all work fine :) Please add them to the list

jtfind

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi:

We have a Canon IP 4300 purchased, June '07 in the US. I am happy to report that the Quick Start Guide pg 84 instructs the user that the orange printer alarm flashing 13 times (ooooo 13 is, a scary alarm) means, " an ink tank that was previously empty has been installed" This alarm can be overridden by holding the resume/cancel button for 5 sec. This disables the ink detecting function and Canon is not liable for print head damage bla bla bla.

Our 9th grader now runs my old i850 that was refilled from new. 6 years, one print head replaced in many thousands of pages printed. My current work horse is a 3 year old i9900 with hundreds of hi res 11 x 17 photo prints under its belt, plus all my regular printing.

The Canon cartridge is the best there is, self filtering, large volume & refills in a breeze. May they never change it.

Thanks to everyone who pointed my in the right direction on this Forum.

jT

narmenia

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ip4500 bought December last year
Area - Philippines
all inks except photoblack are bypassed

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Can also confirm the ip4500 (UK purchased) is working fine with all cartridge ink monitoring disabled from the outset.. We'll ignore the fact that I fubar'd the printhead with a crappy set of tubing in a CIS but for the purposes of this thread it's fine ;)

narmenia

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ip1880 aka ip1800
area - philippines
bypassed
ink waste count reseter available (software)

fdc7446

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Here is my 2cents worth....
Canon MP510
Purchased 10/2006. Refilled from the start. Still have original carts. filled at least 1/2 dozen times.
Works great.

jru

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Hello,

I live in the US and I have 2 ip4300 printers.

The first was bought in Dec 2006 and is the one I am using now.
It has the ink monitor disabling instructions both on p29 and p84 of the quick start manual.
I have just disabled the first cart successfully per the instructions... the others have not hit empty yet. (Printer was not installed until July 2007).

The second ip4300 was purchased in Aug 2007, and has not been installed yet.
However its quick start manual also has the same ink monitor disabling instructions, also on p.29 and 84.

So it apprears that both of these printers, one purchased Dec 06, and other purchased Aug 07, have the capability to disable the ink monitoring.

Jill

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Yup...

I think we can safely say that this issue is a non-issue and whilst I'd love to know where the wires got crossed it does seem like they were..

*big sigh of relief*...

Well, this is good then :)