[Research] Canon firmware "upgrade" kills reset ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hi Websnail: I contacted the guy from druckerchannel.de (the german equivalent of nifty-stuff), Floria Heise, and they can confirm that the ink level of the latest IP4500 CAN be deactivated. No problem at all !!! So you can remove this item from the list of unknown printers.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Trigger 37 said:
websnail,... In your original post you mentioned "Some models of the ip4300". To my knowledge there is only one model of the ip4300.
Urgh.. This thread is turning into one of those "depending on what you read..." type deals.

To clarify (as per the reference I provided in my initial post) the firmware in some of the iP4300 Canon pixma printers has been reported to not allow resetting of the printer.

But you're right it's a ruddy mess now...

So to clarify and get things back on track I'm requesting this thread get locked and I'm going to start a new one (well two new ones) that avoid any confusion.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Just to add my 2 cents worth, I phoned Atlantic Inkjet, who sells me remanufactured cartridges with a working chip. He claims to have sold many cartridges to people who use the ip4300, and has to have any returned. He claims that the info going around that remanufactured carts won't work in the ip4300 is only a rumour.
Does this clear up the matter? Not really. However, if there are other Forum participants who have an ip4300 and have used remanufactured carts, please post your experiences here....

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Locking per the request of the thread starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.