Replace Cartridges for Canon i860

mhhack

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi - I would like some specific recommendations for replacement cartridges for a Canon i860, not original Canon but what are the other possibilites? Which are the best suppliers, specifically if you have first hand experience?
Thanks

nche11

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Why not original Canon cartridges? Canon oem cartridges are absolutely the best. Used ones are very inexpensive. They are better than new compatible cartridges.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530

Here are several eBay hits I found searching for "empty canon":

There were many more.

Years ago, when I was buying hundreds of BCI-3e and BCI-6 cartridges, they were much cheaper. I think the idea that they are worth $3 each at Staples is bringing the price up but it's very hard for one person to cash in many hundreds of these cartridges because you are limited to 10 per month and there is a time limit when you can spend the money (actually a check).

Like nche11, I highly recommend Canon original. I have many third-party filled cartridges that I don't use or want.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Wow, what a novel idea! Better grab it quit. These blank cartridges are empty Canons and they come predrilled to take the plugs they also supply.

NOTE: my firewall gave me a warning that the above link was known to install spyware so you can get to this eBay listing by going to eBay the normal way and searching on 250436970159.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Nice to see that a good ink vendor is quoting our forum and directing people here for advice! This is in contrast to vendors of goods of unknown quality trying to advertise here by posting info as if they were merely participants with a recommendation!

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Like nche11, I highly recommend Canon original. I have many third-party filled cartridges that I don't use or want.
Hello George

Are you going to sell those third-party cartridges or trade them in at Staples?

Ron.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
My only thought with the third-party cartridges was to maybe sometime in the far distant future when I run out of things to do, experiment with them to show why they don't flow as well as Canon cartridges. If Staples keeps up their current offer of taking ANY cartridge for $3 and I run out of my empty Canon cartridges, THEN I guess I could turn in these others. I really wouldn't wish them on other people and I know Staples isn't going to refill them, they have there own brand.

Also, thanks, fotofreak, for pointing out the reference to our forum on the eBay listing, I had missed it.

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
The link I submitted earlier, bid has expired. You might want to check out all the products he has on sale(Hobby Colors). I didn't get a warning about spyware you probably have your security level set too high.

Link to seller:
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/kbay2002