Remove Maxify MB5150 side panels

Alan_B

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Maxify
Hi,
anyone know how to remove the side panels of an MB5150? I've removed the four screws from the front, top and back and released the two clips from the underside but there's still something holding it at the front.

I've been given the printer wirth a 504 error, the previous owner had refilled a cartridge and it has leaked ink everywhere. I need to clean the insides. I've stripped down a few plotters in the past to maintain them so I'm not phased by this, but don't want to break the case!

Thanks for your help. Alan

Alan_B

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Maxify
This might help, if not then @The Hat or @palombian may know how.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD5h0-2HLhU

On the B504 error the way I and some others have solved it is easy. Get a set of original carts - empty or full and put them in. The error should go away, then you can add your refilled carts.
yes indeed. Unfortunately I was given this by a chap who had done a refil and probably damaged the seal on the back of the cartridge. I bought a new branded one but the message was the same. Then I spotted the pool of ink under the cleaning station. I'm hoping to strip it down and clean all the parts with IPA

Alan_B

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Maxify
thanks for that, the video is really helpful. OMG the inside of this printer is a mess! Any idea where I can get replacement absorbent matting from or a good substitute? every bit is saturated.....

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
The pads are really hard to get hold of... do you have access to the waste ink tubes on the printer though? If you do it might be easier to retrofit an external waste ink tank to handle waste ink moving forward, which is something I can help with in terms of parts, etc...

Alan_B

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Maxify
sounds useful. I need to put the printer back together before I splash out any more cash but if it hs recovered then I'll be in touch. Can give me the part numbers for your CIS and Potty for the Canon Maxify MB5150 please. Thanks, Alan

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
sounds useful. I need to put the printer back together before I splash out any more cash but if it hs recovered then I'll be in touch. Can give me the part numbers for your CIS and Potty for the Canon Maxify MB5150 please. Thanks, Alan
Thanks Alan, We actually offer a refund policy on anyone who decides to take apart their Canon (or Brother) printers with a view to installing or simply dealing with the waste ink issue. If you document the process in detail such that a rank amateur can recreate the process and share it (whether it's on here, via a blog post through us on our printerpotty site..) then we're happy to refund the cost of the kit and the postage.

Canons are something we'd love to support but they require a lot more work involved to resolve.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Thanks Alan, We actually offer a refund policy on anyone who decides to take apart their Canon (or Brother) printers with a view to installing or simply dealing with the waste ink issue. If you document the process in detail such that a rank amateur can recreate the process and share it (whether it's on here, via a blog post through us on our printerpotty site..) then we're happy to refund the cost of the kit and the postage.

Canons are something we'd love to support but they require a lot more work involved to resolve.

OK, can I apply ?

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
This might help, if not then @The Hat or @palombian may know how.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD5h0-2HLhU

On the B504 error the way I and some others have solved it is easy. Get a set of original carts - empty or full and put them in. The error should go away, then you can add your refilled carts.

In fact the printer only wants chips showing full carts.
You can buy those (one time or ARC) at Aliexpress for less than €/$/£ 10 a set.