refilling using squeeze bottles - w/pics and video(new)

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I just use a small piece of plastic tape, like electrical tape. I thought about using a paper punch to make a small circle of tape but I haven't tried that yet.

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
Think I'll try the heavy aluminum tape by Nashua(the REAL duct tape).It's dead-soft and molds very well.it has strong adhesive,too.I may try Blue Tac(would be very easy) if I can ascertain it will stay in place well enough.

nanosec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Just tonight I was thinking how I would love to have squeeze bottles instead of syringes!
I'm inspired, I'd love to source these locally, but if not I'll order them, just for the sheer time it will save me.

Thanks for the post!

siusiuenen

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
nanosec said:
Just tonight I was thinking how I would love to have squeeze bottles instead of syringes!
I'm inspired, I'd love to source these locally, but if not I'll order them, just for the sheer time it will save me.

Thanks for the post!
I think with German method, best to use is syringes. Squeezes bottle is best suit for tradition method. But they both work either way.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Here's what I like:

http://www.inkjetcartridge.com/bki8050bbot.html

These are Inktec ink already supplied in a syringe. Just attach a needle and you're ready to refill. It does cost twice as much to buy ink this way compared to larger bottles but I cannot find Inktec in the USA in larger bottles anyway so unless I decide to switch inks, this will be the way I buy ink in the future.

jimbo123

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
MP830 MP980
good ideas all around. needed to refill my PGI5 this AM after 1 week, decided to put tape on all carts, figured it couldn't hurt.

the squeeze bottles from howard's have a plastic cap with a luer lock which is needed for the needle to screw into. FYI, one of the luer locks did not hold the needle upright so i just used another cap. i use the 4oz squeeze bottles(10 for $10, before shipping), looks like they have 8oz bottle now.

http://www.howardelectronics.com/kahnetics/squeezebottles.html

would be nice if one of quality the ink suppliers mentioned in this forum would sell their ink in plastic squeeze bottles with regular and luer caps. would probably increase their sales too. maybe someone is listening.....

oh, took me longer to cut and stick the tape on than to refill using the squeeze bottles.....

J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Printers: Canon Pixma MP830, IP4500, MP830(new spare in box)
Method: German Durchstich Method using Canon Cartridges
Ink: Hobbicolors, great guy to deal with
Misc: Squeeze bottles, needles, scabbards from Howard Electronics

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
jimbo123 said:
would be nice if one of quality the ink suppliers mentioned in this forum would sell their ink in plastic squeeze bottles with regular and luer caps. would probably increase their sales too. maybe someone is listening.....
But wouldn't it be even nicer if a quality ink supplier sold their ink in a syringe that all you had to do was attach a needle? This would have the advantage that your ink will always be fresh and not have the possibility of drying out from air in the top of the bottle.

jimbo123

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
MP830 MP980
heard from dave from hobbicolors yesterday, he recommends sealing the fill hole, tape is fine.

J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Printers: Canon Pixma MP830, IP4500(spare), MP830(2 refurb'd spares)
Method: German Durchstich Method using Canon Cartridges
Ink: Hobbicolors, great guy to deal with
Misc: Squeeze bottles, needles, scabbards from Howard Electronics

nanosec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I haven't been taping the holes on my refilled carts and I'm starting to regret it. The inside of one of my printers has blue all over the
rollers. Sometimes when I feel ambitious I pull the chassis off and clean them out pretty good.

Took the plunge and ordered the squeeze bottles, I'm actually kinda excited about these squeeze bottles in a nerdy kinda way lol.