Refilling Lexmark #16 / #26 carts to be used in a Primera Bravo II

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I do not own a Lexmark prnter BUT I do own a Primera Bravo Disc Printer that happens to use equivalent Lexmar #16 ( Black ) and #26 ( CMY ) cartridges. The difference between them is one clever little color ( half tone pattern ) decal that the printer's laser reads and authenticates. Without that you cannot use store bought Lexmark 16 / 26 and have to use Primera's super expencive versions of the same.

To defeat that I have VERY carefully removed by "Steaming" the very fragile bar code decal and attached it to a piece of heavy mylar. I trimmed it so that I can double sticky tape it to eh corresponding OEM position on the replacement Lexmark carts. The printer sees them as OEM Primera. Great!

I purchased a set of ten each spent but never refillied empties from Ebay and in this video I demonstrate how I go about refilling these carts with some refilling tools from a couple of companies using OCP inks for Lexmark 16 / 26 carts.

My next video on this subject will cover how to convert the LEXMARK OEM 16 / 26 to be recognized as OEM PRIMERA carts on the PRIMERA BRAVO printer.

I know there are a few of you out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53swvx_0l98

burning

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Your video will surely be useful for people with Primera printers. I don't have a Primera auto duplicator myself, but I have knowledge regarding other similar brands. Ink is expensive for these machines, whether is be Primera, Micro boards or other brands. You should join this yahoo group..there's a vast amount of information for people looking to do modifications on there Primera auto loader:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/BravoHacking/#ans

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Thanks for the link. I joined today and I was able to BEAT my Primera Bravo II.
I can now print to my hearts content using my home refilled Lexmarks.
If any Bravo II owners would like to also BEAT theirs, just contact me.
I have what you need.

burning

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
What printer do you recommend for printing discs. Although I already have an artisan model, I find it a bit slow. It takes on average 1 minute per disc, on high quality mode. In settings you can change the media type to, premium presentation paper matte, and select the mode as cd/dvd. You get a much better print.....and there are no streaks/lines...

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
It all depends on the # of discs you have to print. When I just need a few, I will use my Artisan. But when I am doing a job of 50-200 discs I'll jump to my Primera Bravo II. Even that one is slow compared to the Bravo 4100 which will print a disk in 6 seconds but the price is a few thou and has NOT been defeated as far as refilling the carts go. There MIGHT be a way of getting around this as it is believed that the printer records serial numbers of each cart ( 4 of them K and M-C-Y ) and saves these numbers for the next four cartridge changes. After which it erases the 1st # from its memory. This would mean that you still would have to go through 4 full sets of carts before you would be able to use the 1st set again. This is just a theory that no one has yet even tested.