RatRig Vcore 4 - CoreXY with Hybrid mode option and/or Idex

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
This new machine from Ratrig has some pretty innovative features. If I was in the market for a new printer I'd buy the full kit in preference to a Bambu or a Voron. Hybrid mode and idex can also be added later without any major alterations of the machine.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Wow, some really innovative / interesting features!

I don't think I'd ever be able to dive deep enough for a kit like this, but I LOVE seeing various companies (and individuals) coming up with new ideas in the space!

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
The thing I like about it is that the kit is totally complete, even down to precut lengths of cable etc. Having built a Voron with all self sourced parts becaue there were no kits at that time I would definitely buy a full kit if I was getting another printer.

It's about the same price as a Bambu X1 if you factor in locally bought acrylic panels. The difference is you don't have to connect your life to a server in another country just to run your printer. Also maintenance is much easier as parts are accessible without dismantling half the printer, and it uses readily available industry standard parts.

Another nice feature of RatRig is the RatOS, a version of Klipper that comes with an installation wizard that makes setting up the printer easy.

I kinda want one but common sense must prevail :)