Refilling installed cartridges

RDK

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi: I want to refill my cartridges on a R2000 while still installed in the printer. Do I still have to reset the chips and if so how? Do I have to remove the cartridges to get at the chip or is there a way to reach the contacts.
The ink in all my cartridges is getting very low but I have not yet received a message from the printer saying they are empty. On the other hand only four of my colours are registering on the nozzle check. The other four; cyan, PK, OR, and optimizer, show either no mark or colour or a few very faint lines.

I note from other posts on this forum that the problem may be with the cartridges not the ink flow. I am using Precision Colours and their refillable cartridges but have a few OEM cartridges on hand as well.

I have thoroughly cleaned the capping pads and waste sponge and run numerous cleaning cycles plus nozzle checks, no more than three at a time with at least 12 hours between. But if anything the nozzle checks on the reluctant four cartridges get worse not better each time. The good four remain good but the ink in these is getting low also.

Any suggestion on my best course of action. Before this problem developed I was making excellent prints using profiles provided by Mike at Precision Colours for his inks and Epson papers.

Thanks Dick K.