Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Nope, It was Jettec just I had mentioned a few weeks ago from druckerchannel.de

NoixPecan

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
We do not know if a resetter for Canon PGI-x20/CLI-x21 is technologically possible, but since compatible chipped carts are available, at least compatible auto-reset chips (ARC) are likely to happen.

Kardell

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
What do you think about autoreset refillable ink cartridge fits?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Refillable-in...ng_PrinterInkCatridges_JN?hash=item33548e88e9
I'm not sure about the ink quality in these bottles.

Actually I red a lot on this board and resigned from this idea, however refillable carts provided by Hobbicolors are better choice.
Solution from my point of view:
- refill ip3600 carts using German method,
- because of lack of resetter bypass Canon warning and be aware of ink level.

One question: Which ink should I use?
I see Hobbicolors UW-8 inks are only for >ip4000 printers.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hobbicolors-5...mQQptZPrinter_Accessories?hash=item3a538e7112
Am I right? Is there good alternative? I don't know any proven MIS, InkTec distributor in UK.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I disabled ink monitoring on my ip4600. You may not get the convenience of knowing the ink levels but you can always just manually check them periodically. But the big benefit is that when all the inks monitoring tanks are disabled you'll go through far less "cleaning" cycles and it'll print almost immediately after you press print instead of the printer doing it's preflight checklist that seems to take about 3 minutes after you turn it on. Less cleaning cycles also means less ink filling up the waste ink pad which is good since you can't clean reset that any more.

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Kardell said:
One question: Which ink should I use?
I see Hobbicolors UW-8 inks are only for >ip4000 printers.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hobbicolors-5...mQQptZPrinter_Accessories?hash=item3a538e7112
Am I right?
I clicked on the link and it came out an ebay listing for a Hobbicolors refill kit. It did show more than a dozen of printers there to use the refill kit. Ip4000 is just the first one listed. I use UW8 ink for many printers, including a few very old and currently a MP780, an ip4300 and a Pro9000.

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
qwertydude said:
But the big benefit is that when all the inks monitoring tanks are disabled you'll go through far less "cleaning" cycles and it'll print almost immediately after you press print instead of the printer doing it's preflight checklist that seems to take about 3 minutes after you turn it on.
Actually 3 minutes is a bit exaggerated. My ip4300 took 12 seconds, after pressing the power button to turn it on, to go through the power on self checking. After about 12 seconds the printer is ready to print. It has been like that since day one when it was new. It just did that and I watched my watch to measure how long it takes before it is ready to print.

The printer has a built-in logic to determine when to do a cleaning cycle. The purpose of a cleaning cycle is mainly to prime the print head so that the nozzles are filled with plenty of ink ready for a print job. It is only done right before a print job, if the logic determines that a cleaning cycle is needed. If the printer found that you have unplugged an ink cartridge it will remember it. WHen you print next time it will run a cleaning cycle before printing. If your printer is sitting there unused for a long time (days or weeks) the printer will know it and it will do a cleaning cycle next time you print something. If you use the printer everyday it will print immediately without a cleaning cycle for your very first print job in the morning when you turn it on to print.

It never does it during the power on self checking procedure. Epson printers are the ones that do a cleaning cycle during their power on self checking procedure. This is not done by Canon printers, not for my ip4300, MP780 and Pro9000. On Canon printers a cleaning cycle is done by the printer always right before printing if the printer determines that a cleaning cycle (to prime the print head) is needed.