Refilled HP cartridges causing major problems. WHY? Please Help !

B105

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I've used the cleaning program many times.After sitting on paper towel the colour cart works for a very short while,then white lines appear thru all the colours as they begin to fade.Same with black minus the lines. Is overfilling bad because the black sucked up alot of ink,as instructions said fill to max,squeeze any excess air out then insert grub screw.I've spent close to $100 Australian on these refills,so as you can guess am fairly ticked at having to buy new carts at a smilar price with only 50% of refill left.If carts are stuffed is it worth syringing out the remaining ink?
Or could there be a contaminant risk on the new cartridges?

steven.va

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
MAXIFY MB5050
B105 said:
I've used the cleaning program many times.After sitting on paper towel the colour cart works for a very short while,then white lines appear thru all the colours as they begin to fade.Same with black minus the lines. Is overfilling bad because the black sucked up alot of ink,as instructions said fill to max,squeeze any excess air out then insert grub screw.I've spent close to $100 Australian on these refills,so as you can guess am fairly ticked at having to buy new carts at a smilar price with only 50% of refill left.If carts are stuffed is it worth syringing out the remaining ink?
Or could there be a contaminant risk on the new cartridges?
Hi!

Sorry for the late reply

You can definitly recover the ink from the black cart, since it has no sponge inside
I do not think you overfilled it... the 15/45 combo holds a lot of ink (25ml ( not quite sure on this one) for the 15 and 40ml for 45)

If you've got nothing to loose: let them sit in a hot cup for 5-10 minutes (only the bottom, not the entire cart)

As for exctracting the ink from the color cart: when I tried that, I had more foam then ink ;)

Steven

Moshe

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Steven\everybody,here is the best way for filling HP15\45. HP 17\23\78
For home fillers.If you are a proffesional remanufacturer you can email me for any
question.Because i dont want to make any advertising to myself you can email me
for how to get what.

HP 15\45
As a few members wrote here before in the forum the best way is with a refill clip
you can buy with refill kits.There are 2 kinds of refill clips:eek:ne you can only suck out
the ink.The second one is a clip that contain a special sealer which we can force the
ink enter to a cartridge via printhead.That is the best clip.

Quantity-HP 15\45 hold 42 cc of pigment ink(not dye ink) maximum.
The OEM contain:14 cc,25 cc, 42cc.

How to fill
Before filling there is a cleanning procedure,for home fillers we start from this point.
Put the cartridge into a clip force it to seat correctly in the clip,Take 10cc syringe,fill it with ink ,inject the ink into a cartridge and repeat that action 4 times for filling 40cc
in case of the cartridge is fully empty.
After filling we have to take out excess air from cartridge to for making some vacuum inside which prevent the ink come out.
(there is not enough place,I will continue it in my next message)

Moshe

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hp 15\45 continue.....
Turn the cartridge,printhead facing up and take out with the syringe 5-6 cc.Air mixed
with air will come out.Its normal.
Take out the cartridge from the clip,put it into a bowl or something for 10 minutes
printhead facing down.Never put a cartridge on a paper in souch a case all the ink from indide will come out(by capilar force).
Check if there is a leakage from printhead.If there is repeat the last action(pull
out air again)if not make a print test.

good luck

Filling the color cartridges will come with my next massage

B105

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
In some ways it is a little hard to understand filling & draining the cartridges via the fragile printheads.When they are designed to squirt such minute amounts of ink thru them ,you would think that it would damage them!

Moshe

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Dont be afraid,i fill a few hundreds everyday via printhead.

B105

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Dont own the printhead syringes yet,so will try the hot water method.Never had this problem with my old 730 HP ? printer using calidad refills.Maybe it is the amount of time the cartridges have sat empty! Any luck & I'll update,thanks for replies.