Refillable Ink Cartridges

burning

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
macbroom said:
I got good service out of my R200, three years and over 20 refills. I fired it on the dump after it was froze up in < 0 c for two winters in storage and I lost the alignment tab for the resetter and the battery died.
Where did you store your printer for the temperature to reach in the negative! I hope you don't live in an igloo....:p

Have you ever had experience with Cannon customer service? With Epson, they send you a replacement plus prepaid postage to send your old printer back to them.

M

macbroom

lol...I'm a Newfoundlander but I don't live in an igloo! I don't have experience with customer service with many companies. I buy my products without extended warranty and they have always lasted....knock on wood.

The printer was stored in an unheated garage when I was in Ontario for work. I purchased the canons for the wifi printing with android and iOS but you need workarounds for both. Screenshot ER for android and Canon EPP for iOS.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
burning said:
macbroom said:
You are lucky that you didn't post something like tihis in the Canon section.

I don't understand the double standard between Epson and Canon over the refillables especially when an Epson cart is like rocket science compared to a Canon cart with their double walls and spiral ink channels.

I can see your point as when I refilled my Epson R200 I had to wait a few hours and knock carts to eliminate banding.
I've never had a Cannon printer before, but thats mainly due to the fact that Epson owns the patents for CD printing in USA. Albeit, you can easily modify the Cannon printer by purchasing cd rollers and a tray on ebay, I just find it more economical to stick with Epson. I bought a Cannon Pro 9000 Mark II, but I sold it before even having a chance to test it due to it's large size.

Epson's are easy to refill, pop in a refillable cartridge and your ready to go. In regards to print quality, is the Epson or Cannon better?
OH My Gosh.

Bought a Canon Pro 9000 in Ontario and have been printing CD's on it for nearly 18 months. Why didn't somebody tell me this wasn't possible?

You've really spoiled my day now.

Before somebody asks it was a a regular purchase from the Henry's retail store.

Roy Sletcher
Grumpy old man!

burning

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Roy Sletcher said:
burning said:
macbroom said:
You are lucky that you didn't post something like tihis in the Canon section.

I don't understand the double standard between Epson and Canon over the refillables especially when an Epson cart is like rocket science compared to a Canon cart with their double walls and spiral ink channels.

I can see your point as when I refilled my Epson R200 I had to wait a few hours and knock carts to eliminate banding.
I've never had a Cannon printer before, but thats mainly due to the fact that Epson owns the patents for CD printing in USA. Albeit, you can easily modify the Cannon printer by purchasing cd rollers and a tray on ebay, I just find it more economical to stick with Epson. I bought a Cannon Pro 9000 Mark II, but I sold it before even having a chance to test it due to it's large size.

Epson's are easy to refill, pop in a refillable cartridge and your ready to go. In regards to print quality, is the Epson or Cannon better?
OH My Gosh.

Bought a Canon Pro 9000 in Ontario and have been printing CD's on it for nearly 18 months. Why didn't somebody tell me this wasn't possible?

You've really spoiled my day now.

Before somebody asks it was a a regular purchase from the Henry's retail store.

Roy Sletcher
Grumpy old man!
A Cannon Pro 9000 is an overkill. It uses 8 or 9 cartridges I believe, half of them I bet you will barely use. You must have paid a leg and an arm for that machine. They were running a deal last year, purchase a certain camera model and get a Cannon Pro 9000 at a heavily rebated price through a mail in rebate. Ebay was littered with these printers, and was going for as low as $180. It would be cool if they had a cd tray where you could put three or four cd's....