Refillable cyan cartridge emptying way too quickly

Vorkolor

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7250
I think the other carts are affected too, but certainly the cyan is draining too quickly. I haven't seen any messes, but the ink has to go somewhere, and I have had a couple of cases of cross-contaminated color (cyan in magenta channel), always fixed after a couple of sheets.

I've ordered a different make of compatibles, will switch to them when I get them. How do I cope with the ink that must be inside the printer somewhere (at least one full cartridge of ink didn't touch paper)? My printer is a Pixma MG6650, using 550/551 cartridges.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Are you refilling these cartridges ? If so: Only the XL version can be refilled effectively, as the normal version cartridges, supplied with the printer, have a built-in booby trap. Trying to refill the empty ink compartment will drain the cartridges very fast, because there is a hidden vent hole causing the cartridge to suck air from the environment. I don't like Canon any more, except the CLI-42 based printers like the Canon Pro 100 and older cartridge based printers (CLI-8/PGI-5). The CLI-521/PGI-525 were already becoming too small to me.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Vorkolor, When you use refill compatible cartridges you are in the lap of the Gods, they usually work and then again sometimes they don’t as in your case, that why its better to get them from a known reliable source.

If you happen to get a dude cart then the ink supplier will usually send you a new one free of charge and have you back printing again in no time at all, they usually like to look after their customers.

Now that you have lost the cyan ink into the printer and your not having any problems with ink on the back of your paper then don’t worry about, there are plenty of places inside the printer to catch and soak the lost ink..