Refillable Cartridges

QQ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
That might be an option, but I no longer have them.. :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You are almost guaranteed trouble free refilling when you use OEM cartridges..

QQ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well, I do have a set of OEMs, but I'm keeping them for who-knows-what reason.. so it would be great to have another set for refilling.. the one I have now isn't great - sometimes it doesn't press in good enough, so no vacuum, and sometimes it's opposite - it just doesn't seem to suck enough ink in (sponge seems kinda deep inside..)

siusiuenen

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If you really want to buy a refillable cart then i think you want to look on this :http://colorbat.com/proddetail.php?prod=BCI6
With this one, you can refill when it seat on printer that mean you don't have to remove it out of printer to refill. If you use this with squeeze bottle then you have a cleanness method . I just used it for couple of months then my pixma ip5000 die so i can not tell you more about quality of this cart .
But like other's said, the best one is OEM cart . Using the German or tradition method which's suit for you then you're never disappoint .

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
QQ said:
Well, I do have a set of OEMs, but I'm keeping them for who-knows-what reason..
I have done the same too. I ended up wasting the set of OEM carts. They almost never got used until they were too old and probably no good. If you want to keep the original buy another set used for the purpose of refilling. The Hat is absolutely right that you are guaranteed to be free of trouble refilling OEM cartridges. But you need to refill with quality inks. This forum has a recommendation list of inks. Just choose one of them.

QQ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have some ink. It's decent, the cartridges also work.. once they work. However, they stop working periodically. Buying another full set of OEM is expensive..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
QQ

Good quality ink doesnt stop working (periodically) at all, that how you know it is in fact Good Quality ink.. ;)

QQ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
:) true, I only rate it by color accuracy, but on usability it's quite poor.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
QQ
For good practice in running your printer you should two sets of OEM cartridges, one in the printer and the other refilled and ready to use when needed. :)
leo8088 mentioned above in #15 that you check out the list of recommended inks, I also agree with that advice..

QQ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the recommended list? I've only found the OctoInk.

And I currently refill with cartridges still in the head, seems to be least problematic that way..

But ordering two sets of OEMs is way too expensive for me.. :(