Refill oem carts Epson 277xl for the XP-970

Phill ODonoghue

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
Yes that is the path that I am on however I have not gone through a full cycle of refilling the OEM carts. So far they are working well but who knows.

I have two sets of Refilled OEM carts. Note that you should not run these below about 20% so what I am doing is replacing BK,Y,M&C when then the LM or LC are empty. Then I top up the carts ready for reuse.

All refilled carts have been used once but I am waiting to see what happens when the printer reports these as empty.
I believe that this will be ok because the Rihac cart did work and I am using the chip from this.

I would also be interested if anyone has used a chip resetter for these carts.

Regards

Phill

rocketjacket

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
XP-970
Hi Phill, Thanks for your thoughts. I'm going to try Rihac refillable carts and T512 ink. The D6 inks are available from Kayell Aust. They are about 3 times the cost of 277XL cartridges, but are 200ml. I may try them in light Magenta and Light Cyan. I also read the article on Head cleaner clear base ink/cleaner by Pharmacist and am considering mixing/diluting with that but will likely chicken out. I'd like to print about 20-30 A4, 10 A3 Photos and possibly 100 A4 brochures and a few other things per annum. I'm guessing stickin OEM inks seems smart/safest. I'm still unsure wether to go BK or Photo BK in the T512. Any thoughts.

Thanks Flypaul
Did you end up trying the Rihac refillable carts and are they worth pursuing?

flypaul

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP 970
Hi RocketJacket. So for the slow reply. Yes I use them now except in LC and LM.

Definitely a bit fiddly - occasionally need to reset carts etc, but far cheaper overall.

Latest posts