Refill kits vs CISS

flyboy

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3750
juntjoo,

What brand of CISS?

I got a CISS for my HP8600 Pro a few years ago from CISSinks. com and it was a nightmare. lt leaked internally, on the table, not printing, smearing you name it. I tried and tried for awhile until I just shelved it. I recently contacted Inkproducts .com and they said theirs was a much better quality unit and I know their other stuff was better so I may go in that direction when the time comes.

The theory behind CISS makes a huge amount of sense.

But I was not aware of the issues with sponges. Thanks for all the excellent info. I love this site! Hunew printers could be interesting....

Last edited:

juntjoo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
XP-960
juntjoo,

What brand of CISS?

I got a CISS for my HP8600 Pro a few years ago from CISSinks. com and it was a nightmare. lIt leaked internally, on the table, not printing, smearing you name it. I tried and tried for awhile until I just shelved it. I recently contacted Inkproducts .com and they said theirs was a much better quality unit and I know their other stuff was better so I may go in that direction when the time comes.

The theory behind CISS makes a huge amount of sense.

But I was not aware of the issues with sponges. Thanks for all the excellent info. I love this site! Hunew printers could be interesting....

Thanks. That's good to know. At this moment I've returned the Epson but only to try out a laser printer which if doesn't work put for some reason I'll reconsider but the other day I was running out the house and forgot to print something, so I go to print it and there were faded line through the black ink. It was a shipping label, and at that moment, after only doing a few test prints 'I said no more of of this' and decided to go with a laser. For now at least. I've never had one so I don't know what types of pains in the butt I should expect. I've read up a bit but it appears to be the consensus that they're less a pain. I'll see...

But if I went back to inkjet I'd really research ciss's and consider ones already built in. I DID have an eco tank Epson for a couple days. Looked cool and full of endless ink, but it just couldn't handle the paper I needed to feed it.

flyboy

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3750
I first learned about CISS from a place that had a large printing requirement. I think that next machine I get will be laser also.

juntjoo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
XP-960
I first learned about CISS from a place that had a large printing requirement. I think that next machine I get will be laser also.

Cool. It all depends on your specific needs I guess. I don't need the highest quality prints, tho I gotta say this laser im getting, HP M452nw can punch out some brilliant looking prints reliably and fast enough onto fat 12pt cardstock on the side with this coating that ink just sits on top of. And I tested a lot of lasers and inkjets without success. No wide prints or scanner super duper color touch display but my phone is one.

If and when you go for yours, if need be do what I did and take your materials to the store and test out the display units. Should have done that from the start. Lol, I purchased and returned 3... maybe 4 printers. So a few people will find some nice refurbs out there.

flyboy

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3750
Well folks, now that we've finished with the eggnogs and Xmas chocolates, I am going to sit back and have a piece of crow.... That's right crow..

In this post https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/buying-a-ciss-system-for-a-hp-8600.12163/ I mention how I finally sat down and read the instructions... Completely... and read about the easy peasy method of purging it which took all of about ten minutes. The unit now works like a charm even with the old ink that came with it. Maybe it's like wine.

Anyways CISinks is off my DisList and I noticed that I did not even spell their website correctly in my post in September. My apologies.

BTW continuous ink flow is a wonderful thing.